Residex Rental report

Just received this advert for a Residex report "JUST RELEASED BEST RENT REPORT MARCH 2006 The 100 Best Rental Suburbs in NSW, QLD, WA, NT and ACT* (thoroughly researched by Residex staff), Our biggest and best value report ever, Only $220 until 31 March 2006."

I had a look at the sample page and a lot of data can be found online. Just wondering if anyone else has ever purchased this report and if it is useful. I guess it is good not to have to search for data but not sure if there is any more than what we can already source on the internet.

Any thoughts?

I subscribe to Residex and find their quarterly reports informative and highly useful, both for median values and capital growth rates.
However, the following line about the Rent Report does raise questions:

The Best Rent report contains all the information you need to find properties with high rental returns in NSW, QLD, WA, ACT and NT. Residex has compiled together a list of the 100 best suburbs where the rental yield plus the predicted capital growth combine to give an expected total return of over 8% per annum.

A combined return of 8% p/a just doesn't excite me as an investor. Does this mean that should you find a 5% yielding property (currently not that hard to do especially in cheaper towns or lower priced real estate in major capital cities) you would be satisfied with a mere 3% cg rate p/a?
Maybe some would, but I'm not one of them :D

Hi Goddessk,
I was looking into getting that report today actually. But it doesnt seem to indicate anywhere that it reports on Melbourne properties. Can you confirm on your report if it does report on Melbourne properties or not.

dreamworld said:
Hi Goddessk,
I was looking into getting that report today actually. But it doesnt seem to indicate anywhere that it reports on Melbourne properties. Can you confirm on your report if it does report on Melbourne properties or not.

From memory I think it says they have left out VIC due to low yields.

dreamworld said:
Hi Goddessk,

Here's their wording:

*Note: This report contains no suburbs in Victoria, due to the low predicted growth and rental yield for many areas in that state.

Agreed Jacque...and correct me if I'm wrong but if say Interest Rate (7%) + Oncosts (say 4%) = 11%, you'd want at least 11% combined cap. growth & yield to break-even...excluding tax deductions for simplicity sake

Josh

Jacque said:
I subscribe to Residex and find their quarterly reports informative and highly useful, both for median values and capital growth rates.
However, the following line about the Rent Report does raise questions:

The Best Rent report contains all the information you need to find properties with high rental returns in NSW, QLD, WA, ACT and NT. Residex has compiled together a list of the 100 best suburbs where the rental yield plus the predicted capital growth combine to give an expected total return of over 8% per annum.

A combined return of 8% p/a just doesn't excite me as an investor. Does this mean that should you find a 5% yielding property (currently not that hard to do especially in cheaper towns or lower priced real estate in major capital cities) you would be satisfied with a mere 3% cg rate p/a?
Maybe some would, but I'm not one of them :D

A little leap of faith.....

Hi all,

I decided to take a little leap of faith and just ordered one. Once I have reviewed I'll report back what I find.

As Promised

I got my report today, still reviewing it, nothing to flash.......

Basically its approx 100 suburbs profiles, in the same way as their example suburb is setout, check our url

http://www.residex.com.au/samples/positive.pdf

By the way the blanked out suburb is Moranbah 4744.......

I guess it will give me a place to start researching.

The juror is still out as to wheather its worth the cost:rolleyes:

Back