Results Mentoring

Hi all,

I've been a property investor for a while now, but am looking to become more active to fast track my learning for different strategies and getting into property development. I'm also looking to be able to meet like minded investors and build a network with others to form joint ventures with going forward.

I've been doing some research on the forums and internet and came across a mentoring program that's been running for 8 years that sounds quite good called Results Mentoring (www.resultsmentoring.com), originally started by Steve Mcknight I believe. I've read quite a lot of positive comments about the program and am keen to join, however the price is a bit too high for me to pay by myself (around $7.5K). They do allow 1 friend/family or business partner for free though, so potentially this could come down to $3750 if I can find someone to partner with.

Has anyone got any recent feedback on this program, and would anyone be interested in going halves?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Every week there are posts on property forums by first posters claiming they are considering results mentoring.

Other than that I've heard nothing about them.

They just doubled their price to "weed out the tyre kickers" according to a poster on a forum.

Maybe that's their marketing technique?

Property investor for a while yet joined forums 3 days ago and made this post.

Not saying this is the be all and end all of property investment forums, but first post promoting a business is always going to sound fishy on any forum.

Some of my clients are doing or have done this course - they all seem to be pretty happy about it, but I haven't gone into any details about it with them.

I have been a member of Results Mentoring in the past and found the experience to be everything that was promised. It's not for everyone, but I would suggest you go to one of their one-day information sessions and press the flesh to get an better idea of what and who is involved.

The idea is to teach you to be able to do it yourself, so you have to have that mindset and be ready to take action. It took me a while to really find what it was I was trying to do before choosing a course of action and doing something. I was then able to continue on myself without the need for mentoring.

If you continue after the initial 12 months the price is reduced quite a lot and it is open to come back if you leave.

Cheers,

Dwight.

Is Steve McKnight still involved with RESULTS?

No... Steve left Results a few years ago and last year set up his own 'home study' course.

Results is now run by Simon Birmingham (??) and Brendon ??? I've hears Results is good as long as you have the time to do the deals as you go (to get the most out of the mentoring).

Reviving a thread from last year rather than create a new one.
I went to the Results Mentoring one day free course on the weekend.

It does sound interesting in that they do not just focus on one strategy.

Has anyone here done the course recently?

I've built up a decent portfolio using buy/reno/hold but have no idea how to implement other strategies and am not a confident person. I'd like to get started again but want something different.

I've never paid for a course before. Would this be for me?

I've built up a decent portfolio using buy/reno/hold but have no idea how to implement other strategies and am not a confident person. I'd like to get started again but want something different.

HI TB,

Slightly off topic, but can I also suggest mindset development courses or even self studied at home. It would be of immense value to you. I know its of value to me and i'm still working on it.

Cheers

Leo

Hi Travelbug,

I also attended their 1 day course in Sydney and found it to be informative albeit a bit sales-y. I am intrigued by their collaboration with John Linddeman though.

I'm new to the PI game (purchased first IP 6 months ago and am looking for my 2nd one) and am seeking a structured course/mentorship program to help me fast track the learning process. You can read as much as you want but without real life experience and an experienced mentor leading the way you're bound to make newbie mistakes that will cost you a significant amount in the long run (and I'm sure some of the vets in here can attest to that). When looking at it this way, paying for a QUALITY course which you're committed to study and apply the knowledge learnt diligently might not be the worst thing you can do with your money.

If you're interested, we could look into joining together and splitting the cost? Just a thought. They had a "special" on the day of the seminar (I can see some of you rolling your eyes as you read this) which brings the cost of a 12-month mentoring program to about $7k starting next Jul or $10k for 18-month program starting next Jan; I'm sure I can negotiate with them to extend this offer to me again without much hassle...I'm actually planning to haggle them down a bit more if and when I'm ready to sign up :p

I'm definitely not 100% sold but I do find them to be the most credible I've stumbled across so far. They also do not sell any properties to their students so that removes that conflict of interest.

Regards,
Brandon

Hi, their sales pitch requires that you sign on the day.

If they let you sign later they lose all credibility and therefore there is no pressure to do so.
What makes you so sure you can negotiate?

They did state it several times and even when they (eventually) rang me a few days later the secretary stated that I wouldn't be eligible for the discounts now (as I told her I wasn't going ahead).
I have sent you a PM also.

I was thinking to attend one of their seminars but havent yet... I will look for next available and will let you know what I think.
Are they much different from Positive Real Estate?

From what I understand about Positive RE, they sell 'ready made' solutions to you, rather than educating you how to find properties in the general marketplace (I've heard there's not much 'education' here, just why their properties are the best choice). Results teaches you the fishing, just you have to find the right fish from the investing pool. The mentoring is on whatever you choose - managing your current properties, going through the templates and webinars or getting yourself in the right headspace.

I'm interested in the 2 tier pricing. I assume with the $7K, they sign you up now (at today's price) but you don't get your materials until July, or for $10K, you get your materials in Jan and can start straight away. The prices would be pretty set.

a few thoughts TB.
1 If buy/reno/hold has worked, do you need to change the formula? It might be just repeating what has already worked continues to be profitable. Of course if you are interested in new challenges, then small development is one obvious next step. Otherwise new geographic areas with more of the same model could give you the 'spice' you are seeking?
2 You would appear more confident that you give yourself credit for. You have taken more action than most. Well done.
3 Perhaps some mindset work could be valuable - no need for $$$ courses there are masses of books out there and hours upon hours of vid on Utube.
4 Paying for courses is totally ok. I used to be against it, but now Im not. Just don't waste money on something that is all hype and a sales pitch for more expensive products.
5 Sorry I have no direct experience with results mentoring so can't comment on it specifically

Hi, their sales pitch requires that you sign on the day.

If they let you sign later they lose all credibility and therefore there is no pressure to do so.
What makes you so sure you can negotiate?

They did state it several times and even when they (eventually) rang me a few days later the secretary stated that I wouldn't be eligible for the discounts now (as I told her I wasn't going ahead).
I have sent you a PM also.

Hi TB, I will reply to your PM shortly :)

From what I understand about Positive RE, they sell 'ready made' solutions to you, rather than educating you how to find properties in the general marketplace (I've heard there's not much 'education' here, just why their properties are the best choice). Results teaches you the fishing, just you have to find the right fish from the investing pool. The mentoring is on whatever you choose - managing your current properties, going through the templates and webinars or getting yourself in the right headspace.

I'm interested in the 2 tier pricing. I assume with the $7K, they sign you up now (at today's price) but you don't get your materials until July, or for $10K, you get your materials in Jan and can start straight away. The prices would be pretty set.

Sounds about right. I've heard repeated claims made about PRE. RESULTS seems to have a much better reputation for their mentoring program. They also do not sell properties to their clients at all so that gives me additional piece of mind.

The $7K is for a 12 month mentoring program starting Jul 2014 - Jul 2015. For $10K you get an additional 6 months as you start in Jan 2014 - Jul 2015. Please note that these pricings were offered on the day and valid for on the day only. I'm not sure if they still apply afterwards, according to Travel Bug they don't. However, I have a good reason to believe they might extend it to me if places are still available.

I'm not sure if they still apply afterwards, according to Travel Bug they don't. However, I have a good reason to believe they might extend it to me if places are still available.

You could be right, always worth a try but make sure you act fast if you want to act on these prices.

Hi all,

They do allow 1 friend/family or business partner for free though, so potentially this could come down to $3750 if I can find someone to partner with.

Has anyone got any recent feedback on this program, and would anyone be interested in going halves?

Thanks in advance.

I received phonecall from Results Mentoring regarding "last minute chance" the other day, so I did express interest in their program and someone called me later explain all details...
They are offering $8,990 for 18 months program, well 12 months but with access to the material early

Also regarding partnership, the only person you can bring as your partner is someone you are investing together with, so you can only talk to them regarding same deal... can't be just anyone from what I understand...

MoneyNevrSleeps did you end up signing up??

Back