Rockbank, VIC

Posnow

It is an area they will may allow for developement I am sure in the future if this is the reason you are looking at Rockbank. You are best to speak to the Melton Shire Council about what there plans are and if they are considering rezoning it. I am sure if you are following it on RE.com you would see a lot more farms being scooped up pretty quickly by developers if it was being considered though. Needless to say anyone that drove to Torquay 10-15 years ago would know how much can change in a decade by people who guesstimate the next area to be rezoned.

Jezza

Hi,

I was searching for news as to whether Rockbank would be rezoned or not. Havent found nything concrete so far, all I could find was rezoning process is still under review.

But if it gets rezoned, it would be a good buy at current prices.:)

Eventually it will be developed. When you look at Ardeer then Deer Park you see that Deer Park is where Ardeer was10-15 years ago. There is nothing at rockbank but the train line between Sunshine and Melton will most likely be electrified within about 10 years and Rockbank will become the new Roxburgh Park.
Diggers Rest is probably a better option as the line between Watergardens and Sunbury will be completely electrified in about 3-4 years although the govt says 2-3.

hmmmmm....
still considering this one. I guess the trick is buying there before it is rezoned.
Question is, how long have we got?

Not Long, maybe 2-3 years at the most.
Developers have already bought large tracts of land for development.

Hey Posnow

Mirvac has 5780 lots out there (in a JV) which came under the urban growth boundary when the govt expanded it recently. I believe they are aiming for first settlements around 2014/2015.

Back