Roof plumbing Problem/Body Corporate

My Unit is on the rooftop of the building(solid brick). The roof is flat with a tar/pitch type membrane sealant on top, there is a course of brickwork around the rooftop to trap all rainwater. The drains around the top of the building a rectangular slightly larger than a house brick. They feed into collector boxes then downpipes.
A few years back I was informed that my living room needed painting due to mould/damp. The painter had a tradesman inspect who commented that possibly the rooftop drain needed cleaning/unblocking.
I repainted the living room assured that all was well.
Now, a few months ago I was informed by property management that livingroom again had water mould issue.
I rang another tenant who informed me that the roof drains were a big issue and they needed regular monitoring after heavy rain.
Am I right in assuming I can claim this damage on insurance
I inspected the roof recently and found the drains had no real waste trap in them, and that my collector box had holes cut in the side to allow water to drain down the side of my unit.
Secondly I have asked the body corporate to look into installing proper drain filters, but they are lackadaisical in their attitiude towards the issue.
They said they had the gardeners monitoring the rooftop, but I see this as a plumbing issue and should have a tradesman doing this.
Also should I ask them to repair the collector box as it should be common property and install filters.

Lastly, they have looked into resealing the rooftop, to do it properly will cost in excess of 120,000, spread amongst 30 something units is quite a cost.
It would be in the tenants best interest to reseal the roof a quickly as possible. But they say they are looking into getting a government grant to do this, as it is heritage building. Is there any way I can force them to expedite this matter.
Kind Regards
glsmith

Back