RP Data Group Access - anyone interested in access??

one state is about $2500 and you get 5 logins. I will see how much it costs to expand my state to Vic or NSW and see if i can take some people on - I cant justify this cost for myself

I called RPData today , they claim that as a private user you are not entitled to subscribe .

I guess there is a way around, however I urgently need the info
for one suburb in Melbourne.

Need you assistance if you have an access to RPData or any other source.
Postcode is 3087 Watsonia North

Thanks in advance
gprp

I understand that . I just need the info about 3087

kind rgds
gprp

Would buying the $50 postcode reporty for 3087 provide you with the info. you need? (ie. that gives you addresss, price, date, land size, lot no., building size, no. of rooms, yr built etc)

I finally got to speak to someone at rpdata... the person I spoke to was a bit shocked when i said I wanted to sell off some sub-subscriptions. She said it's not allowable and they are to crack down on it in a few weeks time by matching the IP address to log ins.

Rp Data send off emails to head account with stats on the sub accounts. It can be traced if there is use of an account across multiple computers as it chases IP addresses just like ebay does when it suspends accounts, and also they produce reports upon activities where uses get booted. each login can only be used at one time. if there is more then oe user in an account at one time it will turf you out, and then send a report about this also.

<quote>Rp Data send off emails to head account with stats on the sub accounts. It can be traced if there is use of an account across multiple computers as it chases IP addresses just like ebay does when it suspends accounts, and also they produce reports upon activities where uses get booted. each login can only be used at one time.</quote>

While i understnad that each login can only be used at one time - but what if i use multiple computers at different times (which will then have different IP numbers)? As an example, I can be happily accessing it via my home computer which is connected by one ISP, and while on the road, i can also access it via my laptop with wireless broadband (with a different ISP). How is this monitored? How do they know it is me using it?

Also, what about those people who have dynamic IP connections?

Thanks

g

same here but looks like sometimes vic data not that complete as private sale not necessarily reported

And not necessarily accurate. I saw a report recently for my area that had the sale of a property recorded with the correct date and purchase amount (I was at the auction), but described the property as having 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Good job so far....but the property in question was a vacant block and had been since at least the 1950s.

The same report had our place listed in the recent sales as we'd bought it in 2005. Correct details? No. Wrong number of bedrooms and wrong number of bathrooms which probably lead to their estimated valuation being way out.

Don't know if they do a better job in other states but I certainly wouldn't be paying to subscribe for the Vic info.

Yes, we just had a CMA from rpdata, which had all the correct details about the property EXCEPT for the photo - which was the place next door. Just be careful.

There are always anomalies if you look hard enough (I generally flicked them a quick email pointing out the error eg. street that didn't exist), but the vast majority of the info. is good and useful.

There are always anomalies if you look hard enough (I generally flicked them a quick email pointing out the error eg. street that didn't exist).

Sorry, an error to publish details of ficticious streets by a company whose supposed expertise is in property data is not so much an anomaly, more grossly unprofessional and unacceptable.

We use the full Residex Suite with our clients having indirect access to that, additionally would not mind access to RP. While many brokers have access to the CMA side of things for their local area, the full sales history for a street and/or statistical data for a suburb can be very useful.

While Residex is exxy for national coverage, RP is much more so, because RP lkes to focus in local areas. Thi

As with all data services, you can generally not rely on the data as a factal thing, snd use the data in a vacuuum.

These services are guides only

ta
rolf

*sigh* whatever, you know best. It's all a giant conspiracy. :rolleyes:

*sigh* whatever, you know best :rolleyes:. Sure, why should I expect better from a service I've previously relied on and been disappointed with? I just want others to be aware of its "anomalies" (as you call them). Shame on me.

Back