RP Data Group Access - anyone interested in access??

Sure, why should I expect better from a service I've previously relied on and been disappointed with? I just want others to be aware of its "anomalies" (as you call them). Shame on me.

The point is there are bound to be some anomalies and I'm not talking cloak and dagger stuff but obvious mistakes that anyone looking at would realise. The service relies on both operator input (so you get the occasional $315k sale typed in as $3.15M) and computer layouts and overlapping (so here and there you may see a street overlayed on top of a house or boundary/photos not lining up perfectly).

Doesn't effect anyone with a bit of common sense from seeing the obvious error. The mistakes are few and far between (in SA anyway) and hardly worth being disappointed in the service over.

there is a way around the multiple login now anyway - you register and pay for a couple of user logins, and all your "staff" register their own name under that login. allows for multiple users on the same login code without booting anyone off and is not dependent on location etc.

yes all those reporting functions are there - but don't count for much unless you are in an office and only those office computers are supposed to be using the system with no external accesses - REA's and other subscribers (valuers/developers/investor advocates etc.) out on the road with mobile terminals/access etc defeat the purpose of those reports.

I'm not talking cloak and dagger stuff.

Steve, and neither am I. They obviously don't mean it.

I just found it frustrating to see the errors in my report. Yes, it would be obvious to see the mis-entry of a $315K property listed for $3.15m, but would a $355K property listed wrongly as $533K be so easy to pick up if you were not knowledgable of the area of the sale?

Maybe I'll just stay with Residex. On second thoughts, no I won't, they're worse. Don't get me started with them. :eek:

RP Data for SE QLD for next Financial Yr 09-10

Hi All, i dont check this forum much at all, nor havent followed the thread nor replied to many private messages !! sorry about that.

But we have started a new financial year group for our area of SE QLD, that will run from now July 2009 till next June 2010. (financial year).

its the same setup as i made in the first post. its only SE QLD at this stage, sorry to those who want other areas. this was the area i setup originally. i am thinking of making it all of QLD at yrs end, but for now its SE QLD and wont change in near term - so all of Brisbane, south down to Gold Coast (& nthn NSW Tweed coast), west to Ipswich 60-80kms west of Brisbane, and nrth up to Noosa and Sunshine Coast. still only $300 per user for a whole yr, 24/7 access.

Yes the good news is that RP have now changed the logon process, as we all get our own user name and password and dont get bumped off anymore. its all good. its just a great service. oh yes there might be the odd anomoly with some data, no data base is perfect... but the data they use is the data from the govt's valuer general dept, they rely on that dept to supply accurate data, so any issue is not RP's fault. i havent found an error yet - so they are few and far between IMO !

1000 people are still moving to SE QLD from the southern states every month. it has had its own growth path for 25+ years now. it just continues to grow at a cracking pace, thats why our area is here. southerners are moving from the cold and for the cheaper cost of living here. makes sense to me.

if you want more info, pls email me [email protected] and we can talk further.

regards rod
PS - did anyone ever get a NSW/Sydney group or Vic group going yet?? maybe i can call my contacts at RP and see if we can start one - seems there would be some interest there. if there is a group already or further interest let me know on the above email cheers.

RPData in NSW

If there is an NSW group then count me in. Is anyone likely to set one up soon?

One stop gap measure is to leverage www.onthehouse.com.au till we sort out group membership for Sydney (or NSW).

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Im looking for more ppl who are interested in joining a group for RP Data access for NSW only. Please msg me privately for the details.

Thanks
Smitty

Access to NSW, Qld & SA

Hi,

I have access to NSW, Qld & SA, including On The Market.

I have a couple of accounts available, please send me a PM if interested.

VW

No wonder VIC is overheating at the mo. Look at all of you:eek: Guess its just lil ol me in perth. Does anyone know which rpdata package is the best for past and comparable sales?

Im a sucker for looking at what people forked out over the years. And the comparable well that a obvious if i wanna get value etc. Any help would be great? :)

Back