RP Data

The reason I want this removed is because I told the RE Agent not to let RP Data know the listed asking price on R.E.COM and I thought this was my choice being the owner of the property. I realize that if and when the property gets sold it will be on record with the various authorities and that is fine, but at this point I did not want it to be recorded with RP Data via the agent. Is there something we sign at the point of engaging the agent which gives them the right to disclose the amount the property is advertised for on R.E.Com or do they just advise RP Data without the owners permission? I did call RP Data and they did confirm that the initial amount they list in "On the market history" does in fact come from the RE Agents advice.

Ahhh, you have changed the Q :)

You originally asked if they could change the "sales history" - which I suspect they will not.
Now you are asking if they will remove the "for sale history", which is an entirely different thing.

Whether or not the REA is allowed to give this info to RP or any other data provider will be contained in the selling agency agreement that you signed. Go back and read all the T&C's - you'll probably find it in there - the REI lawyers are pretty good at covering all bases.

RP Data gets its data from a lot of places; the on the market details come from sites like realestate.com.au and domain.com.au.

The sales details comes from agents directly; or indirectly via the sites above ( when a property is sold it is removed from the sites and to remove it the agent needs to fill in the fields; they do have the option not to display price - this information is picked up by RP Data.

RP Data also gets there data from the lands title office;- originally this is the only place RP Data got the sales information.

RP Data also take the photos agents take of the property and put on there site, they use the agents photos and have the gull to put there RP DATA logo on them.

Okay thanks to one and all. I will go back and read everything I signed from top to bottom to see how the agent was able to inform RP Data when I specifically asked him not to.
The only response I received from the agent was that somebody in the office made a mistake and not to worry to much about it !!

The 'OTM' function within RP Data just uses autoscrapers to gather the information from various websites RE.com included. So it is unlikely to have come from the agent.

However the agent does have the option to inform RP once a property has been sold, so that the information is current and not reliant on waiting for info from the VG office which can typically take upto 3 months.

If you have access to the system, a sale highlighted in purple indicates that this is on agents advice only and is yet to be confirmed with the VG.

Hope that helps.

Mr M

RP Data gets its data from a lot of places; the on the market details come from sites like realestate.com.au and domain.com.au.

Hi Susan

Collector is right- the sales history of individual properties is tracked and recorded by RP and other databases- your agent has nothing to do with this and it's really beyond your control.

Back