Safe in Japan

Just a quick thanks for those that have rung and sent emails.
We are okay although we have lost relatives and friends.
Time will tell how this affects everyone.
Currently we are at the other end of Japan.
The week before we were visiting relatives in Iwate and Miyagi.

So sorry to hear of your loss :( I have Japanese friends in Iwate who are Ok but VERY nervous... Here's hoping all ends well :(

I wondered how you were doing, and have had all the dear Japanese people, very much in my thoughts. The world has, unfortunately, experienced enormous loss of life during my lifetime, but I can't recall another tragedy with such a significant combination of personal tragedy, and enormous and long-lasting logistical implications. I've heard that it may take up to 5 years for Japan to regain it's electrical capacity, which is just mind-boggling. :eek: And the magnitude of the clean-up task makes the Brisbane flood clean-up look like "a bit of a tidy up before dinner". The ramifications in terms of human and economic devastation are just staggering. :(

Do you perceive that things are being handled well? (I sure hope so; it'll have to be very efficient and well-resourced to handle the scope of this task.) Is there enough aid? What are the most pressing needs right now? What do you think will be the most pressing needs in the coming days, weeks, and months?

My sincerest condolences to you, and rest assured that the people of Japan will continue to be in my prayers.

My deepest sympathy to you. Words are inadequate at this time and what you are experiencing. Take one step, one day at at a time. Take care

all are in out thoughts. glad to hear you are safe. there are no to what you must all be feeling as a nation - but know that are all loved by those that do not even know you.

Back