Sat Nov 17 Mclaren vale buy some wine?

Just wondering how many wine drinkers are on this forum?

Is anyone going to be around Mclaren Vale on Saturday Nov 17 to get some nice wine?

Cheers
quoll

is that a special date? I would LOVE to go there but its a bit far from melb and I have a family friends 21st on that night :S

One of the little wineries opens that day, some nice stuff but you have to line up and wait. Fun couple of hours.

cheers
quoll

I LOVE wine. Pinot Noir in autumn, shiraz in winter, Rose in spring and SSB in summer. :)
What is SSB ?

I think the best thing about wine is everyone has their own opinion. Some think a $5 bottle is fantastic and sometimes they are but not often, I like the little wineries around McLaren Vale, they are close to us and you can spend some time talk to the staff or the wine maker, try some stuff and buy some pretty good wine for $10-$30 a bottle cheaper for a case.

The $30+ is getting a bit expensive for us an we don't buy much, but the difference to me between a good shiraz around $25 compared to a good shiraz around $40 just isn't worth it.

Half the fun is buying it and the other half is cooking a bbq and drinking it with mates.

cheers
quoll

Some think a $5 bottle is fantastic and sometimes they are but not often.
I figure there is no danger of me becoming alcoholic if its not toooo good. Keeps my consumption well moderated.:)

The other day I poured some Solo Lemon softdrink into half a glass of red just to see what it would taste like. NEVER EVER do that; it was the absolute worst taste I have ever come across. :eek:

I figure there is no danger of me becoming alcoholic if its not toooo good.
The local alcoholics buy the bulk wine at $1 per litre bring your own container.

For the price it's pretty good drop.

Just doesn't keep very well. you need to drink it quick.

cheers
quoll

Back