where will the Chinese buy in Perth

I was talking to an agent a couple of months ago and he commented a lot of foreign investors are purchasing in Perth. I'm not sure if he was talking about the suburb I'm trying to buy in, or Perth as a whole. I'm catching up with him on soon so will see if I can find out more.

Hey Thatbum,

Just completely off topic I noticed the amount of posts you made sits at '444'.

This is the worst possible number for Chinese lol. means triple death.

Don't know why I bring this up..just caught my eye while were discussing the Chinese.

Cheers

Sam

Ha nice, my parents would be mortified. (They are culturally relatively traditional chinese parents)

I remember they asked me to stay away from houses with a 4 or a 10 in them when I was purchasing previously. Also houses facing a T junction for some reason.

Also houses facing a T junction for some reason.

That's just feng shui but there are *some* scientific reasoning behind it...imagine your bedroom is facing this T-junction and headlights keep flashing through the blinds into your room, wouldn't that affect your sleep?

That's just feng shui but there are *some* scientific reasoning behind it...imagine your bedroom is facing this T-junction and headlights keep flashing through the blinds into your room, wouldn't that affect your sleep?

yeh bit of a long bow to draw, living on a culdesac can have noise problems, or a nearby speed hump, none of which is addressed by feng shui

Good question posed here which will have long term implications for Perth as Chinese will gradually make up an increasing percentage of new buyers. I think Chinese in general will be attracted to three things - money; food and education.

The classic money suburbs for rich Chinese will be Dalkeith, Nedlands, peppermint grove etc. The best Chinese restaurants in Perth are by and large South of the River, so think willeton to Melville. The best private schools are from Claremont to Mosman Pk to City beach. The best public schools are Rossmoyne, Willeton, churchlands.

Another way of looking at it is where are the Chinese less likely to buy? Well, generally again, they're not hugely into water sports and outdoors activities. So Northern western suburbs are less of an attraction, which is a pity as this is where I'm invested!

Back