scammers ARE getting better !!!

following on from the previous thread....

Website Enquiry (Contact)
First Name
Ian
Surname
Email Address
ian@*******.com
Phone
+***********

My name is Ian ***** from **** Agencies Limited. We are a real estate development and management company based in Kenya.

We are currently pursuing a development project in Kenya at the foothill of the world famous picturesque Mt. Kenya for a gated community consisting of twenty (20) mansions each occupying a quarter (1/4) of an acre. It a development project where we intend to construct the mansions for sale to both local and international clientèle especially to the British Army who are based at that area.

The project occupies a total of 5 acres of land.
The estimated construction cost of the project is Kshs. 150 Million (USD 1.9 Million) while the projected return on the same is a minimum of Kshs. 280 Million (USD 3.5 Million).

We have already proceeded to identify the land and are currently in the process of fund-raising for both acquisition of the said land and further ground breaking for start of project within three (3) months.

We are seeking potential investors who may be interested to partner with us in this profitable venture. Terms of our agreement shall be mutually discussed to the satisfaction of each party.

Kindly contact me or any of my associates to discuss this further and for detailed information of the same.

Unfortunately as am not able to have any attachment accompanying this mail, I am unable to share with you image rendering of the project and the floor plans as well.

Please contact me for this directly so that am able to share the same.

Thanky ou and we look forward to your feedback on the same.

Have a nice day.

Yours faithfully,
*I*************

Last edited by a moderator:
My email account was hacked on Saturday night. Their was 5 overseas logins and two emails/spam was sent out to all my contacts. Appologies if anyone got them - I was told they were something about earning big money working from home. I tried to advise everyone I was hacked but I got a message saying, 'activity looks suspicious and can't be sent'.

My email account was hacked on Saturday night. Their was 5 overseas logins and two emails/spam was sent out to all my contacts. Appologies if anyone got them - I was told they were something about earning big money working from home. I tried to advise everyone I was hacked but I got a message saying, 'activity looks suspicious and can't be sent'.

My commiserations. Were you using hotmail, gmail or yahoo? I'm curious.

My own email was hijacked when I used a public computer at an internet cafe. I had to change my email password and, to this day, have difficulties when sending multiple emails.....I get a messages saying 'activity looks suspicious' etc

Yahoo - apparently a lot were hacked over the weekend. Ive changed password but finding I now have to type a code to send emails so might get rid of it. A local re agent sent me a message that he got some suspect emails off me, then he blocked me! I think I'll have to ditch the account.

It's things like this that make me ashamed to be from the same country as these people! An absolute insult to our intelligence.
This has seriously got to be a pisstake? :eek::confused:

Boods

It's things like this that make me ashamed to be from the same country as these people! An absolute insult to our intelligence.
This has seriously got to be a pisstake? :eek::confused:

Boods

a pisstake r u serious, would channel 17 and k sky news be there if it was a joke?

I think most people can identify a scammer but I guess they are becoming more savvy

A poster in another forum posted this

Fraudulent company on Alibaba, any experience?
Just found out a few weeks ago that a company on Alibaba (the Chinese distribution website) are using my company details to try and sell bulk items, presumably as part of a scam.

Anyone else experienced similar? As I don't deal on those markets, and don't have an account with them, I've found it difficult to resolve this, and I'm currently in the process of proving I'm the owner of the company and awaiting a decision from them.

Alibaba have even put this company down as verified quite simply because they have checked the details against companies house; a public access website!!!

What is made worse is that I'm based in the UK and have just had two guys from a company in Indonesia travel all the way over to buy some stock, only for me to tell them that they've been scammed (albeit they haven't handed over any money, but have travelled across the world!).

This hasn't been a nice experience.
--------------------------
-------------------

Which was an interesting read

i wouldn't be surprised if it's some kind of uni assignment.

..that sounded like a challenge - so I called the number.
Unless they have the receptionist in place for the exercise - trained to get your details so the "head coach" can ring you back to tell you it's just for a grade, it is a fairly elaborate assignment. Obviously, I did not want to tell them how excited I was to join up so I scarpered.

OK, I've had my fun for now.

Back