seaworld

looking at taking junior up to seaworld at the end of january for a long weekend. none of us are into rides but love zoo's and animals and she would be stoked do do a dolphin swim (not told her yet).

only prob is that my (pessimistic) hubby seems to think that the large waterskiiing lake has been ripped up and they are in the middle of major renovations.

i can't seem to find anything online to suggest this - but if they are then it would make more sense to go when reno's are finished.

is he right?

I stayed at Seaworld end of October. I was at a conference there. Hence no time for much, but we walked all around Sea World and there did not appear to be any evidence of renovations then.

thanks - i didn't think they were, and would be silly for them to do so during summer.

methinks he's confusing the fact that (i believe) they don't do the waterskiing anymore with actual removal of the lake.

Lizzie, good timing with the question.

I just phoned a friend who was at Seaworld last night, they stayed the weekend and attended a function there. They travelled right around the park on the monorail. The lake is definitely still there, and they saw no signs of renovations.

Hope this helps.
Marg

that would be rather poor timing on the resorts behalf

Our family has annual passes and we avoid the place this time of year, for late January.........this the best part of summer

ta
rolf

I went there last week. They have finished all the renovations and put Castaway Bay where the large swimming pool used to be at the back. This consists of pirate boats with water pumps so you can squirt each other and get soaked. There is also a climbing frame but it costs an extra $10. I hate it when they charge extra after you have just paid to get in.

I was at Seaworld last month, and was disappointed that they no longer have the water ski show, it was great to watch and has been going forever.
The lake is still there though, but I also thought it was a ripoff to get into the waterpark at the back.

Back