seminar

Hi everyone, I'm a very excited newbie on his forum, I would like to know what free seminars are available during this year around Melbourne if you are aware of any?
I have been investing in sharemarket for about two years and make some significant profits, and after reading some books on real estate I think property is the right way to create wealth over the medium term. i'm going to my first seminar this coming Monday, but I want to learn as much I can.:) thanks

Hi everyone, I'm a very excited newbie on his forum, I would like to know what free seminars are available during this year around Melbourne if you are aware of any?
I have been investing in sharemarket for about two years and make some significant profits, and after reading some books on real estate I think property is the right way to create wealth over the medium term. i'm going to my first seminar this coming Monday, but I want to learn as much I can.:) thanks
Hi guish and welcome to the forum!

When someone makes their first post asking for seminar information it's usually a prompt for a very helpful answer providing details of the promoters own seminar, hard to believe but it happens a lot :)

I would be careful with free seminars, they aren't truly free in my experience, best to take a notebook and pen and leave the credit card at home if you are attending one on Monday.

Hang around and read some more, plenty to be learned on here!

Thanks Andrew, I spent the whole night reading posts on the forum, all very interesting and helpful. I partly wanted to educated myself through seminars because of the social contact you can get (the idea of being around motivated investors eager to know more) at the same time as learning! I have a lot of questions as well, but I will read more posts first on the forum before annoying everyone with questions already answers:p
Thx again for the warm welcome and will take your advice for this Monday:cool:

Guish, you'll find that the Melbourne SS'ers meet once a month for an informal get together. Y-Man does the fabulous job of organising it every month. AFAIK there has just been a meeting so keep an eye out for the next one.

Careful when people from this forum meet up for a 'seminar' it's actually a euphemism for an Amway pyramid selling 'business opportunity'

Already loving this forum, thanks for your prompt responses:D

I read about the informal get together, and will at 99% join i next time; that 1% left is because although very motivated, I am only 21 and have very little experience in property compare to most, plus I am french (currently studying a bachelor at MelbUni), so I am afraid to not bring much on the table!

I spent nights reading your posts and books, so I hope by then it will be a 100% sure attendance!:D

Thx again:p

I have been investing in sharemarket for about two years and make some significant profits, and after reading some books on real estate I think property is the right way to create wealth over the medium term.

Why do you think that is the case? And presumably it's a better option than shares?

....have very little experience in property compare to most, plus I am french (currently studying a bachelor at MelbUni), so I am afraid to not bring much on the table!

Great! The "regulars" would love to have you along because they'll have someone new to throw their opinions at :D

Keep the night of March 30th free!

The Y-man

what free seminars are available during this year around Melbourne

Good news, there are two that I am aware of:

(1) Wealth Propulsion by Chris Howard, 25-27 March

http://www.wealthpropulsion.com.au/

(2) Bill Zheng private sessions

Must call them to book. There are small board room type sessions, in groups of 15. Cost $45 refundable on attendance.

Level 2, 391 St Kilda Rd
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Phone: (03) 9868 7500

Cheers :)

Yes, will do the Y-man.:)

I am sure I could have make some profits in shares over the years, especially with the current economic health, I remember a year ago when I picked several stocks and add them into my watchlist, now, when I check they are all up to 40-60% on average, a few I invest in outperformed by far this percentage, and and I though it will be silly to think this bull market will last for ever, so I was considering to trade options to protect my portfolio, but read some books on successful investors, and found shares/options to be boring, you can't touch them, you can't feel them, you can't see them, you cannot add value to them (except if you are a substantial holder and make some important decisions/changes in the company, which I am clearly not for financial and qualification reasons capable of), and above all they are not your fruit of your labour; as Gordon Gekko would say “I create nothing I own”, I want to buy and create something out of it like renovating ect.

I also know that there are always investors who get some inside information or the big players manipulate some stocks, and don't like to be part of that 'game', I want to play fair and be able to say “I have done my research I know 99.9% in what I am getting into”, whereas with those guys although I have done my research they can ruin everything in a click! :eek:

Arguments such as less volatile, always appreciating over the long term… are also part of this change of strategy to be financially free, although to say that it may sounds weird considering I am only 21 and haven't started working yet. Maybe, I am too optimistic, but I would commit to this strategy and learn along the way.

Thanks a lot Kenster, I will do the necessary after my first one on Monday.:)

Careful when people from this forum meet up for a 'seminar' it's actually a euphemism for an Amway pyramid selling 'business opportunity'

I've been going to meetings promoted on this forum for 10 years all up and down the east coast. I've yet to attend one where someone actively promoted Amway.

Guish, definitely attend the monthly MIG meetings. It's just an informal chat over dinner about property. No agenda, no sales, just a common passion.

Keep in mind that most 'free' seminars organised by various organisations do tend to have a sale to make somewhere. You'll find plenty of groups promoting particular properties, often packaged with finance and legal advice. They are usually disgused as 'educational seminars' and are rarely a good deal.

PT bear, thanks for your advice. I will definitely go to the next MIG meeting, I'm very looking forward to it. :p

Although young, I know how much you can achieve with the power of persuasion, and those free property seminars will promote and probably try to make you believe success can be achieved with them. For my part, I am not going for their services, but for the atmosphere of people/investors eager to learn. :D

Btw, I really appreciate the sincerity in all your comments.:)

some feedbacks on this seminar:
Overall, I learned some stuff and I found them quite objective in their presentation. They proposed us to come to one of their workshop as a guest and talked to their hundred of clients about challenges, expectations...and how this program has being helpful for them (seem to me they are quite confident).
I have done some research and readings, and they are not inventing something new to me; sometime I felt they were simply repeating Robert Kiyosaki and Jordan belfort's quotes, but, they will provide what newbie investors want: security and get rich quick. For my part, it is not for me, but I picked some useful info.:D

(2) Bill Zheng private sessions

Must call them to book. There are small board room type sessions, in groups of 15. Cost $45 refundable on attendance.

Level 2, 391 St Kilda Rd
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Phone: (03) 9868 7500

Cheers :)

I have attended many of Bill's over the years and always enjoyed his unique way of presenting and looking at property/finance. 2 months ago I went along to his most recent series of education sessions and was disappointed to find he is now "selling" property.

He was saying that places like Toorak, Camberwell, Malvin etc were going to dive in price and the biggest growth will be found in new estates likeEpping and Tarneit etc.

Back