Sending Faxes from a computer

Hi everyone,

I always seem asking to be questions about techo stuff. I am here in Townsville with Husband and we have just bought a Lexmark scanner/copier/printer which is really great. It also allows us to send a fax from the computer and it is quite intuitive but only prob is we don't seem to have the right modem or something.

We have an ACER travelmate 240. We would love be able to send faxes via the computer but not sure what next step is.

Will we have to buy a fax modem??

Thanks everyone for reading and hopefully knowing what to do next:eek:

What model is your Lexmark ? I would be very surprised if your laptop didn't have a fax capable modem in it (almost all do these days) ... so it's just a matter of making sure the connectivity between the two devices is configured correctly and that you have any software set up right.

HI Sim,

It is a Lexmark x2470 (a cheapie but seems very good).

The only modem on my laptop that it will let me connect to is;

Agere SoftModem Version 2.1.25

When I click on the change button there are no other choices available.

I seem to remember when we first installed it it searched and found a few modems, but I don't know how to find them again.

Thanks SIM

that is the right driver for your ACER the current version for WinXP
Product
TravelMate 240
Related Products
TravelMate 250
Language
English
Title
Modem Drivers
Description
This file is included on the TravelMate System CD that shipped with the system. This self-extracting file will install the Modem drivers for Windows XP on the TravelMate 240/250 series. Double-click on the file to install. v2.1.25

Operating System
Windows XP
Download File https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/tm240250modem.exe
99% of softmodems include fax support, as soon as the first did,
Windows XP has native fax support once the modem is installed http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx
or try asking acer, there may be an application, not installed as a driver, on the acer system disk. or something downloadable from ACER

Back