Shares forum?

I would like to eaves drop on an Australian share investment forum but I can't remember the url. When property was booming the share forum was very quiet. I wonder if its picked up now shares are doing better?

Thanks Redwing. I see members plus guests online at SS forum total 44 at present, and Aussiestockforums currently online with a staggering 216! Shares must be an interesting topic at present. :)

Reefcap is another good one with some very experienced traders on it, but the traffic volumes are low there.

Brenda Irwin said:
Shares must be an interesting topic at present
Shares are always an interesting topic :D

I might add though, don't take too much notice of a lot of what you read on shares forums, especially posts of the type "XYZ will be over $2 by the end of the year" or "XYZ is a bargain now, so load up the truck!". "Bargains" have been known to halve in price over the next few months :D

GP

Last edited:
Gentlemen would never admit to going there, but you read it first on Hotcopper. Dangerous for beginners :( but I enjoy the rough and tumble. A typical mine has only a few grams of Au for every ton of rock. Same with HC. An awful lot of rubbish for little good.

It might help to keep a diary on the posters to help sort out the good, bad and ugly.

I used to play a virtual reality online game, it was awesome. I used to be really interested in it and each night would pick the stocks for the next day and see how they go. I ended up getting quiet good at it I was winning a hat almost every month after a while and getting into the top 20.

We played with 100k money each month great for learning about the market without using risking your shirt using real dollars. It was a real culture and was a rocking game with plenty playing it and this was back in about 2000 tech boom was on then the crash.

Sadly the game deteriorated and members dropped off mainly i think because their was not enough prize money. Sheepwarehouse(username) was an absolute legend and you could watch what other people were doing trades on. Plus the discussion forum was totally educational.

I went by the username of 'Stockmen' if anyone here was there when it was happening!? I haven't been able to catch up with all those members since. We were in a culture and a community for about two years.

It was www.equitycafe.com.au I don't know if they are still their now I think they merged with another web site company.

At the moment I would focus on one sector of the sharemarket if I were to invest ad I would research the resource sector and buy into some of the blue chips if starting out.

I'd go with Reefcap. Hotcuppa and Aussiestock forums may be busier but it's a case of empty vessels make most noise ....;)

You won't get the latest hot tips ( the posters there have moved past that ) but you will get info on how to build profitable systems which in reality is what has paid off for you in property

One such system ( Tech Trader ) has been traded on the forum from 30 K equity to over 300 K equity in the last four or so years. All of the details of this system and the trades are public record,

http://lightning.he.net/cgi-bin/suid/~reefcap/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=74;t=000029;p=1

If you want to be a successful share trader you will probably need to put in as much effort as you have into you property investing.

See Change

If you want to be a successful share trader you will probably need to put in as much effort as you have into you property investing.
Um, I haven't even got one share yet, but I am learning about different companies. It gets quite interesting when learning of their visions and their ethics.:)

Um, I haven't even got one share yet, but I am learning about different companies. It gets quite interesting when learning of their visions and their ethics.:)

It does :)

Unfortunately it doesn't always seem to be a good indicator of whether their share price goes up or down:confused: ....

See Change

Love love love my shares.....I use hotcopper if I want to hear the chatter about certain stocks and aussiestockforums for intelligent discussions.
Always do your own research. The last three years have been wonderful for shares, esp if you are into the mining sector, although all sectors have moved well.

Back