Shares Game - Its on again!! Who wants to play?

Hi All,

Is anybody interested in a Shares game run by me, we played this game a couple a years ago on Somersoft ( Have a look at the thread back in 2007 )
I have set up a Excel spreadsheet, which will track all the buy and sells and it has a leaders board.

The game would be "transparent", which means, once a week, i will post the Share game spreadsheet here on the forum for everybody to see. (If that is ok with the Mods??? Geoffw??)

The rules are simple:

- Start with $100,000 (not real $$ )
- Only two transactions per day buy and /or Sell(transactions are free !)
- Diviends will not be paid
- the game will run for 3 months
- the Buy and/or Sell price will be the closing price for that day. (so no day trading, too hard to track)
- You will email me with your buys and sells.
- No interest on money held in the bank.

And the winner gets.....................Nothing, just the glory

So is anybody interested, it will be a great learning curve for some people, including me.

I will limit it to 10 players.

Cheers,

GG

I do this in real life but I would love to see how everyone goes, and how they make their decisions etc.

I will be the cheer squad:D

Hi Gordon,

What a great idea.

Please count me in! I would love to learn from it and have been dabbling in shares for about 9 months now.

Regards JO

Hi, I thought that if it was not 'real', I'd go off the edge but what the heck, count me in please.

Between 16 May & now, I'd bought about 89 thousand worth of shares. I'm quietly optimistic that come 16 Aug [3 months], they'd be worth a lot more. But don't want to jinx the stock mkt by premature celebrations.

Please let us know how we proceed to play this game! We might become paper millionaires.

KY

Damn it GG, i've being trying to avoid the daily obsession known as SS.

I'm about to step back into the market for real so suppose it would be interesting to myself whether my game "trading" moves would beat my real "investing" moves. Besides I need to step up to balance the equation for the fellas.
I'm in.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Everyone to their own but no thanks. I don't even get involved with footy tipping. At my age I must preserve my brain cells.

Me Me Me Me Me Me

can we use derivatives like CFDs and options and portfolio margining?

i'm in regardless.

Last edited:
Hi Guys and Girls,

The following people are in the game. The game starts this Monday. I might add a few more people if they request to join in the fun.

Me
Joey5641
Ol School Skata
Josko
Joanmc
Kum Yin Lau
Project1080
Sheryn
Hiflo
Blue Card

Could the above people send me an email to say Hi. [email protected]I will email everybody with how the game will work. Every email you send me, can you please put your "Somersoft name" in the subject line of the email.

Cheers,

GG

Last edited:
Back