Shares Game - Its on again!! Who wants to play?

By my calcs should be up around $4k today with LGL purchase (bought $50k)...now to sell or to hold that is the question :)
From memory there are a couple of other players with LGL as well.

Hope I'm not making too much work for you with my buying and selling GG :D

Hi All,

Here is he latest Share Game Update 29/8/2009

Since i can't attach the spreedsheet (file too big) here is a copy and paste of the Portfolio totals

Punters Net Worth Profit / loss $ Profit / Loss %
Hobo Jo $107,712.50 $7,712.50 7.71%
Project1080 $107,352.00 $7,352.00 7.35%
Lily House $106,338.97 $6,338.97 6.34%
Sheryn $106,293.62 $6,293.62 6.29%
Gordon Gekko $104,460.00 $4,460.00 4.46%
Ol School Skata $103,280.00 $3,280.00 3.28%
Hiflo $102,140.00 $2,140.00 2.14%
Blue Card $101,015.00 $1,015.00 1.02%
Joey5641 $99,650.00 -$350.00 -0.35%
kumyin lau $96,070.00 -$3,930.00 -3.93%
Joanmc $88,280.00 -$11,720.00 -11.72%
Average Profit / Loss $ $2,259.21 2.26%

SECOND!!:eek:

No one remembers who came second! I'll have to sort this out before we get to the finish.;)

Can you do a mid week update as well. Mine seem to come back from their highs late in the week.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Hi Gordon@=!

I have to apologise, I have been absolutely flat chat and thought about this thread about a week ago in the middle of the night!:(:eek:

Immense apologies for being so tardy!

I will watch now and hopefully jump on the next game.

Regards JO

Immensely interesting to be playing the game, following what people buy and their money management and risk management.

I was last at the start of the first week so have improved.

Thank You Jay, for being proactive and running the share trading game.

Regards
Sheryn

Hi all, it's indeed interesting & should be humbling too! Seems I never learn. At the moment, I'm catching more falling knives & insult upon injury, the stock I decided to sell out of rose 30% while the one I got into went backwards 30%

Happy hunting everyone,

KY

Checked the closing prices of my shares today (as I do most days)

FMG
2183 shares brought at 4.58 = 9998.14 (no brokerage for buys or sells).

Closed today at $4.15 = 9059.45

Therefore tomorrow afternoon if FMG share price closes at $4.12 or below at the end of the day. I will issue a sell signal (email to GG)

My risk management strategy is up to 10 positions of equal portions and if the share closes down 10% I sell.

My thinking is Lily House is managing her money is a similar fashion to me with purchases of around $12,500 so she will have 8 positions on when fully invested.

Sheryn

I've just realised that last week i didn't send through my order to buy MRM. bugger :( missed out on all that gain in the game.

Bought a swag for myself a few weeks ago tho so i guess that is a lot better.

OSS

Hi, I probably need some therapy. I'm spending the day checking the share prices in case I miss anything!

One day, every 15 mins, my portfolio jumped 4 thousand. Today was more subdued but has anyone noticed that Thursday is profit taking day?

I'm very new to the Australian stock mkt, my experience honed overseas but it's behaving in a rather predictable manner.

Enjoying it hugely,
KY

I'm just cash at the moment (in the game), liquidated final holdings Tuesday morning.

The market is turning to continue it's downward spiral in my opinion, probably to new lows.

I am waiting for gold to come out of a triangular wedge to the north or south, if it breaks out to the north or starts looking like it will I will start trading my gold stocks again, otherwise might just sit on my profits and think it out.

While I appreciate everyone has a different strategy and different strategies work over different time frames, I don't think a buy and hold position is going to work well over the remaining couple of months.

I'm just cash at the moment (in the game), liquidated final holdings Tuesday morning.

The market is turning to continue it's downward spiral in my opinion, probably to new lows.

I dont know about new lows but just a heads up for those that have real skin in the game.
The FTSE has justed added Korea as a 'developed nation' for its index funds.
Korea's weighting in the FTSE Developed Asia Pacific ex Japan weighting will be approximately 25%
Australia's weighting will be pushed down from 53% to around 45%.
This should result in passive outflows of around AU$600million but more importantly active outflws of around AU$4 billion.
Reclassification takes place on Sept 18, so expect volatility in the days leading up to that date.

Now obviously there are many catalysts in a market, but this one is quite a large negative.

For the investors out there, it could represent good short term buying opportunities arising over the next two weeks.

It will only effect the market heavies directly (think top 50 market cap), however it could have a pull effect on the market thereby indirectly effecting other stocks through negative market sentiment.

As i mentioned above there are many catalysts though that have push/pull effects on the market as whole.

Personally i dont give a stuff either way, ive got my intrinsic valuations, and the market can do as it pleases in the short term. However i do pay attention to such pieces of information, not because it will make me sell today in the hope of buying tomorrow, but rather it creates a possible window of opporuntity to pick up stocks when other people are thinking short term.

I am waiting for gold to come out of a triangular wedge to the north or south, if it breaks out to the north or starts looking like it will I will start trading my gold stocks again

Well, looks like its happened sooner than expected, back in with 2 stocks :cool:

Back