SIG Meeting Monday September 17th 2007 - Its back!!! The Panel

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to thank everyone who presented last night and who helped organise the event. It was my first SIG meeting (even though i have been a member for a couple of years now) and i thoroughly enjoyed listening to everyone's experiences and finally putting some faces to the user names!

It was also great to be able to ask a few questions. I have plenty more which i would have stuck around last night to ask, however my wife which is also carrying our baby had passed her bed time so will probably start firing them off here soon.

Anyways, thanks again to all involved and look forward to participating further in future events.

Regards

Leandro

Agreed ! Thanks to Perky and the panel.
It's not always about learning new things but keeping up the motivation and focus of our longer term goals. These meetings are a great way of re-assuring us that we are on the right path to financial freedom.

Ross :)

Thanks to David and the panel last night.

I enjoyed it and hung on every word. The thing I have taken away from it is that there is "more than one way to skin a cat" and it is a matter of finding what 'style' suits your preference and situation.

It was good to also meet Beachgirl again last night, it was kind of weird with us both saying "you look familiar" and between use we figured out that we went to senior high school together in the early 90's.

Thanks again
Deano

Thanks David for organizing a great night as always:cool:

After the panel event I was speaking to a young guy who surfs and has an American Indian style hair cut. We never finished the conversation as more people came along and interrupted him.

I apologize for the interruptions and wonder whether you would like to PM to further discuss the topic?

Cheers

Thank you for organising the "panel" last night. It's great to share your experience. Looking forward to the next one....

Cheers : )
Jas

Thanks everyone , I found that most informative and enjoyable.

I have added some photos to the gallery .

Thanks to Jacque for taking them for me - not sure how to get the red eyes out? Sim ??

I would also like to thank you David for organising the event and thank each of the members of the panel for generously giving up their time to share with us their personal experiences with property investing. It was nice to put some faces to names.

Unfortunately we couldn't stay for question time due to other commitments but are looking forward meeting you all next time.

Thanks Guys

Hi All,

Thanks to the Panel and Perky for Monday night. Great event!

I am based in Brisbane, but find myself travelling a bit to Sydney for work, so thought I would pop in. I have been lurking in the forum for quite some time researching, before feeling I am able to ask an educated question. I carried on the lurking by sitting at a table on my own to have something to eat prior to the meeting. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the candid comments, and came away feeling quite inspired by all of the panel members stories.

Besides the PI educational component, some comments that made me smile were:
- Tree that was on fire, only at the top, how does that happen
- Stepping over druggies to check out potential purchase, which was transacted
- Being asked if you were going to get a (real) job when moving back to Sydney
- The Granny flat extension…

Leandro, great questions that you asked and very relevant for myself. I am catching up with a few professionals in the next week (some recommended from here) to put our team together, and the trust structure options, including our main source of income already coming into a trust is also our situation. I will let you know what I find out.

I look forward to speaking with more of you soon.

Cheers,
Horizon

Hi All,
I am catching up with a few professionals in the next week (some recommended from here) to put our team together, and the trust structure options, including our main source of income already coming into a trust is also our situation. I will let you know what I find out.

Yes, that is a great idea. Just start a new thread with an outline of your proposed strategy and structure along with the recommendations that your professionals have provided.

I thoroughly enjoyed the candid comments, and came away feeling quite inspired by all of the panel members stories.

Besides the PI educational component, some comments that made me smile were:
- Tree that was on fire, only at the top, how does that happen

The burning tree was the best I had.

There is a bus stop and a small lane right next to the house used by students who take the bus, and they scorched the tree. I guess the base is a lot stronger than the top which really got flamed, apparently.

It was an interesting experience, though. The main thing I learned was that some people are willing to live with anything. When I looked at the place earlier this year, the tenant asked worriedly whether I was planning to sell. I had decided to buy that sight unseen partly to learn how to do it, and it turned out to be the perfect lesson: a few problems (burnt tree, which I've since had cut down), a crappy house (peeling doors, damp in the carpet, rust in the corrugated iron bits) which I may not have bought if I had actually seen it beforehand, but my best purchase (Perth 2004).

Definitely learned a lot about buying without emotions (since I didn't know what it looked like, or what the street looked like, or, for that matter, what PERTH looks like) from that one.
Alex

Thanks to Perky, the panel and Sim

Thanks to Perky and the panel for a very informative and encouraging night.

I loved the hardball negotiating tips and buying stories from see_change. I'm going to become much more "tenacious" in my buying research from now on.

For those of you who weren't there, the way I remember it was he looked at every house in the upper north shore for 6 months and found a 3/4 acre block for sale that was overlooked because the advert didn't mention the 3/4 acres. Combine that always making lowball offers on houses you're partially interested in to agents and then pulling out for "some reason" just to condition them that you're serious on offers and not afraid to walk away. :D

Thanks to Sim for the audio work too. My wife wants me to cut a CD for the car now. :)

I'd like to add my thanks to Sim, Perky and all the panel members. I listened to the recording of the event over the weekend - it was very interesting and enjoyable. :)

Back