SIG Christmas Get Together Monday 10th December

I am really surprised at how few people have put their name down.
Hi David,

I can only speak for myself, but I asked for more information on the speaker and was basically told that "Simon and Julie suggested him, so no more information is necessary"

I know in my case its a 300km round trip in a night - something I am quite happy to do for the right speaker ( and have done for Rolf, for Nick, and for panel nights to name a few), but something I am loathe to do when such little information about the speaker is available. I can imagine those travelling from / to the western suburbs and outer Sydney, or those working late / starting early the next day, must be thinking the same thing.

Do you have any more information about the company or the presenter - even Google seems to have never heard of the presenter, and the company itself is only mentioned on their own website.

The website also says that their presenters are the "most talented, gifted and captivating" around, but under the "Trainers" page it doesn't actually name who they are and what exactly they are offering..

I understand Simon and Julie have vouched for the presenter, but is there actually any tangible information about Shane and Powernow that forum members can use to decide whether or not they attend?

The presenter is completely unknown on the internet, and even the company itself has no web presence outside its own advertising.

Michael Whyte asked if the seminar had to do with LOA, and Julie ignored his question and laughed, saying the talk "might not be for him".

How can we check the bona fides of Shane Horsburgh and Powernow for ourselves?

Many thanks for any information you have,

Jamie.

Sorry Jamie , cannot provide much more info.

Anyway, does not matter now.

I got off the phone with the PUB yesterday , and with the numbers being so low and also the fact that they had double booked the room for a Comedy act as well (and they are unable to fit us in anywhere else within the Pub) , this SIG Meeting is being CANCELLED.
I have sent apologies to Shane to advise him.
He is gracious though was a little surprised by some of the comments placed within the thread , it seems that there was a level of misplaced doubt as to the relevance of this talk to the investor . This is unfortunate, as the
presentation, with no 'tight T-shirts' or 'rhythmic clapping' has been well
received as a tool for prosperity in many different arena's according to Shane (who read the comments). He is not bitter, and says people are entitled to their opinions and had a bit of a laugh at the obvious reference to a tony robbins style seminar.

I also cannot blame the pub for this either, in the past when they have double booked by accident I was able to ask (pursuade) them to change their mind. But with just 22 people confirming at this point then it was an argument I would not have won this time. They are a business after all , and provide their room free along with the setting up , coffee urn etc).

Details of the next meeting (a XMAS get together) will be posted soon , set for December.
David

David

I would like to take this opportunity to give you a Kudos for all the effort you put into organising SIG meetings. Simon and I appreciate that it is not always easy to find high quality speakers who will talk for free.

I'm looking forward to buying you a drink or two at the Xmas get together.

Cheers
Julie

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Back