Similar service seeking sites

I used the site 1300alltrades.com.au recently. Great site that guarantees up to 3 trades will contact you within 24 hours and guarantees they show up on time. So far the electrician and the painter have been fab. I have no idea what they charge (the site I mean), but great from a customers POV so maybe worth checking out for your Dad.

Not sure how "seriously" he is looking for work but have you tried the free notice boards in the local shopping centres ?

I have a friend who is a retired carpenter and I suggested the board and he was pleased with the result.

Perhaps a notice saying something like

" Semi retired tradesman painter looking for a bit of work. No job too small but won't climb high ladders any more $ 35.00 per hour worked"

Once he gets a few jobs in an area he may find people contact him direct from referrals,

Service seeking is so crap...i put a request for a tradesmen half of the people quoting have no insurance or licensed or even ABN, but they still let them quote i guess it's all about turn over.

Are there any websites where its free for tradies to advertise?

I think serviceseeking charge 10% to the tradies, and another one charges $30 to release potential client details. Im looking for a completely free website so my quotes dont come back with inflated fees to cover these costs. Else i will stick with Gumtree.

Back