Smith and Sons renovations franchise

Hi,

Has anyone ever used Smith and Sons renovations franchise in Brisbane to renovate their PI and if so would you recommend them?

Cheers.

Have not used them for renos, but we have done work for their Maroochydore head office branch. They are an off shoot company of GJ Gardner homes.
They seemed professional and we were paid promptly :)

They have changed there "about Us" page but an archive search found the original.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110128024045/http://www.smith-sons.com.au/aboutus.aspx?id=1

Company History
Smith & Sons originated from the consistent enquiries that G.J. Gardner Homes received in regards to carrying out renovations. In an industry that lacked professionalism and complete customer service, the directors of G.J. Gardner Homes saw the opportunity to create a renovation and extension company that could deliver those qualities and more to home and commercial renovators.

2008 saw the conception of Smith & Sons Renovations & Extensions, with directors Corey Passey, Darren Wallis and Greg Gardner at the helm. The first Smith & Sons office opened in Maroochydore, Queensland in March of that year, and within 18 months, there were 20 offices open across Australia and New Zealand.

The Smith & Sons teams quickly became known for their professional, holistic approach to renovating ? taking the client from concept to completion, and becoming good friends along the way. Some of the finest award?winning builders were attracted to the Smith & Sons team, combining their years of building expertise with the Smith & Sons way of doing business to offer their customers an exceptional renovation experience.

Have not used them for renos, but we have done work for their Maroochydore head office branch. They are an off shoot company of GJ Gardner homes.
They seemed professional and we were paid promptly :)

They have changed there "about Us" page but an archive search found the original.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110128024045/http://www.smith-sons.com.au/aboutus.aspx?id=1

Company History
Smith & Sons originated from the consistent enquiries that G.J. Gardner Homes received in regards to carrying out renovations. In an industry that lacked professionalism and complete customer service, the directors of G.J. Gardner Homes saw the opportunity to create a renovation and extension company that could deliver those qualities and more to home and commercial renovators.

2008 saw the conception of Smith & Sons Renovations & Extensions, with directors Corey Passey, Darren Wallis and Greg Gardner at the helm. The first Smith & Sons office opened in Maroochydore, Queensland in March of that year, and within 18 months, there were 20 offices open across Australia and New Zealand.

The Smith & Sons teams quickly became known for their professional, holistic approach to renovating ? taking the client from concept to completion, and becoming good friends along the way. Some of the finest award?winning builders were attracted to the Smith & Sons team, combining their years of building expertise with the Smith & Sons way of doing business to offer their customers an exceptional renovation experience.

Thanks Moyjos.

I have not used them personally but some clients of mine have a few years ago. By all accounts they were excellent to deal with. Not the cheapest but also not the most expensive either.

I think being an off-shoot of GJ Gardner, they would be fairly well systemised and run a pretty tight ship.

Would be very interested to hear others experiences as I am often asked by my clients for project managers to implement their 'Renovation Action Plan'.

I guess in part it gets down to the individual franchisee you deal with. That's the unknown. Ask the franchisee you are thinking of dealing with whether you can talk to some past clients. It's no different from vetting any tradesman.

I have not used them personally but some clients of mine have a few years ago. By all accounts they were excellent to deal with. Not the cheapest but also not the most expensive either.

I think being an off-shoot of GJ Gardner, they would be fairly well systemised and run a pretty tight ship.

Would be very interested to hear others experiences as I am often asked by my clients for project managers to implement their 'Renovation Action Plan'.

Yes Jane that's pretty much the way I'm thinking.

Back