So what does everyone here do for a living?

You know those cattle prods, don't ever use them on your body. I had a bad experience with one. I won't go into detail but I did, for a dare, put it against my lower leg and hit the switch - never again.

Either

Selling alcohol or drugs to minors

or

Provide leads on upcoming commercial projects to companies. Which if you can think of anything being built from an apartment building to a shopping centre or offices to a road resurfacing or even morgues and brothels! I would have who the developer, architect and builder are plus other people involved in the project.

There is nothing athletic about Snooker.

pinkboy

You do have to hit some yoga style poses for particular shots.
But yeah, maybe professional sportsperson would be more appropriate?

Is a pistol shooter an athlete?
According to Wiki - NO:
An athlete (American and British English) or sportsperson, sportsman or sportswoman (British English) is a person who competes in one or more sports that involve physical strength, speed and/or endurance. Athletes may be professionals or amateurs.[1]

The Decathlon would be the absolute test for a true athlete.

You do have to hit some yoga style poses for particular shots.
But yeah, maybe professional sportsperson would be more appropriate?

Is a pistol shooter an athlete?

Doing some online searching its a pretty hot debate.

Snooker is classed as a 'cue sport'. Geez :rolleyes: .

Darts, poker, chess............ :(

Makes other real athletes cringe!

pinkboy

Doing some online searching its a pretty hot debate.

Snooker is classed as a 'cue sport'. Geez :rolleyes: .

Darts, poker, chess............ :(

Makes other real athletes cringe!

pinkboy

A website i once read, and i agreed with, suggested that a sport was defined as something that you could improve your performance at via getting physically stronger or physically faster.

Therefore basketball / football / cricket is a sport. Cycling is a sport. Swimming is a sport.

Golf is not. Cue sports are not.

A website i once read, and i agreed with, suggested that a sport was defined as something that you could improve your performance at via getting physically stronger or physically faster.

Therefore basketball / football / cricket is a sport. Cycling is a sport. Swimming is a sport.

Golf is not. Cue sports are not.

Cmon man, golf is a sport.
You got to get stronger or faster to be able to drive a 300m green.

You know those cattle prods, don't ever use them on your body. I had a bad experience with one. I won't go into detail but I did, for a dare, put it against my lower leg and hit the switch - never again.

I've deployed a few tasers on people over the years....far more effective than a cattle prod, I give you the tip. ;)

Back