Some people!

Its funny, when you are so into property, you dont realise some people havent got a clue. Was talking to a friend yesterday who said her friend had renovated and spent $54k on her kitchen, $1k on each set of bathroom taps, hubby then went broke (not because of her I dont think) and she couldnt understand why her house was only worth the average price for the neighborhood, whilst my friend's crappy house (amongst million dollar mansions) was worth a million or more

the money people spent renovating doesn't automatically mean its going to add to the value of the house.... 54k on a kitchen!!! is the benchtop gold plated....... maybe its just me but i dont know how people can spent so much money on kitchen..... heard before someone spent 80k on a kitchen.. i don't get it......for 80k i can put a kitchen in every room of your house including the toilet so you can marinate your chicken while on the poo:p

I have seen a few 80k kitchens anbd let me tell you they looked brilliant. The only thing that I was annoyed about was that my kitchen was done prior to viewing these kitchens on a build.

If you think its a ripp off or not is realtive to the dwewlling I think.
The 80k kitchens were on houses that were sold on completion for above 2 mill. A 80k kitchen on a house worth 400k doesn't make sense. Just like a 10k kitchen in a house worth 7 figures.

Although I agree with Minx that it needs to be relative, people who don't think before they act and overpay for things make the world go round.

Its really what is important to the individual who lives there. For instance someone who lives for cooking will justify an expensive kitchen. Someone who loves movies will justify a "state of the art" theatre room. Someone who loves swimming will justify a large indoor heated pool. The investment value really does not come into it, unless the person is into investing and their home is part of their plan.

Its really what is important to the individual who lives there. For instance someone who lives for cooking will justify an expensive kitchen. Someone who loves movies will justify a "state of the art" theatre room. Someone who loves swimming will justify a large indoor heated pool. The investment value really does not come into it, unless the person is into investing and their home is part of their plan.

I agree with your statement, however some people just want to renovate and not realised whats available out there if they just shop around or do some research, they woudln't be paying too much for it.

Majority of kitchens are made with required compartments, sides, base and back join together, everythings else is built to made it look attractive to the eye.

Excluding appliances cost, i dont think anyone should be paying anymore then 10k for a kitchen supply and fitted, thats if theres no complication in the plumbing and wiring

I agree with your statement, however some people just want to renovate and not realised whats available out there if they just shop around or do some research, they woudln't be paying too much for it.

Majority of kitchens are made with required compartments, sides, base and back join together, everythings else is built to made it look attractive to the eye.

Excluding appliances cost, i dont think anyone should be paying anymore then 10k for a kitchen supply and fitted, thats if theres no complication in the plumbing and wiring

the going rule of thumb within the industry is that a kitchen should not be anymore than 3 percent of the homes worth ,this figure includes appliances and fittings

Back