Someone is Parking in My Car Space

Have an IP with a car space. We are looking at leasing the carspace separately. It is in a security parking area as you need a buzzer to enter and leave the car park.

The other day when visiting the complex there was someone else's car parked in our designated carspace.

Just wondering whether there is anything we can do to stop unwanted parkers. Any suggestions?

SYD

Have an IP with a car space. We are looking at leasing the carspace separately. It is in a security parking area as you need a buzzer to enter and leave the car park.

The other day when visiting the complex there was someone else's car parked in our designated carspace.

Just wondering whether there is anything we can do to stop unwanted parkers. Any suggestions?

SYD

Couldn't help it, I made a First World Problem meme :]

But why don't you rent it out and then the person who is paying you for it will make sure no one else parks in it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 24 22.00.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 24 22.00.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,045
We repeatedly had this problem in our building and in the end got CarePark to control it. Everyone was issued with two permit stickers showing their space number (which for security reasons is not the unit number); transgressors get an $88 penalty - CarePark keeps the money in exchange for administering the scheme. Since then next to no problems. I don't really like private parking firms (in the UK they are one step away from muggers) but $88 is, I think, fair especially given what legal parking in Docklands costs.

We repeatedly had this problem in our building and in the end got CarePark to control it. Everyone was issued with two permit stickers showing their space number (which for security reasons is not the unit number); transgressors get an $88 penalty - CarePark keeps the money in exchange for administering the scheme. Since then next to no problems. I don't really like private parking firms (in the UK they are one step away from muggers) but $88 is, I think, fair especially given what legal parking in Docklands costs.

Good call, FYI I have same issue with my unit I rent out week to week.

So I wrote a SIGN and stuck to my column saying:

Carspace is for exclusive use of Tenants of Unit No**. Owner takes no responsibility for damage to illegally parked vehicles made by irate tenants.

It has worked.

Peter

SYD

Have you checked the Body Corp and relevent by-laws allow for separate leasing of the unit and car spaces?

Have read that this is sometimes specifically denied in some strata units such as in the CBD etc.

Have you checked the Body Corp and relevent by-laws allow for separate leasing of the unit and car spaces?

Have read that this is sometimes specifically denied in some strata units such as in the CBD etc.

BOdy Corps dont care as it is virtually impossible to police. That was what I was told.

You can ring police and report the License Plate and they can call their mobile and say "you are illegally parked, move", Scares some.

Peter

BOdy Corps dont care as it is virtually impossible to police. That was what I was told.

You can ring police and report the License Plate and they can call their mobile and say "you are illegally parked, move", Scares some.

Peter

Agree it would be difficult for BC to police the same with alot of their by-laws and only becomes an issue when someone identifies the non-compliance.

I think when it comes to security access doors and accountabilty you may find they do but only the OP will know if they ask or simply ignore the issue but I prefer to know my rights or any possible issues.

It was either on SS or WP I came across this issue being discussed but thats not always a reliable source.

Back