Something for the Girls

My GF did one of these sessions at Casablanca's in Caxton St, Bris a few weeks back. They were instructed by an actual art teacher and apparently the model wasn't too bad either.

One of the girls asked they model if he ever "got stiff" holding the poses for that long - in reference to getting sore muscles. The other girls had a good laugh at her faux pas.

I wonder if there is a blokes' version of this?

Nah; it'd be exploitation I'm sure, and would be banned in 5 mins.

I'm off to the Rhino bar...see ya's. :D

Might do Bar 20 as well for dessert.

This would be great, I do sketch and paint, mostly landscapes, but would love to have a go at sketching male nude, they have very beautiful bodies, leave the female bodies for others, I would really enjoy this...I guess art class is a possibility, but I'd rather not commit longterm at moment, I wonder what the model fetches $$ for the night? Be interesting.

I would really enjoy this...I guess art class is a possibility, but I'd rather not commit longterm at

Have you looked into local Art Societies? I know my mother attends a local one here in Melbourne where it's not lessons, but they have a studio and offer different types of things each day of the week e.g. still life, life drawing, portrait etc. You just pay as you go, and go as little or as much as you like. The fee you pay for that session (I think about $10 or $15) goes towards the cost of the model and running costs of the studio. There might be an annual fee I think to be a member, but it's not much. Also a good chance to meet other artists, who then get together and go landscape painting together.

I wonder if there is a blokes' version of this?

Nah; it'd be exploitation I'm sure, and would be banned in 5 mins.

I'm off to the Rhino bar...see ya's. :D

Might do Bar 20 as well for dessert.

"Best reply to a thread"

The envelope please..........................

and the winner is..................MARC

Have you looked into local Art Societies? I know my mother attends a local one here in Melbourne where it's not lessons, but they have a studio and offer different types of things each day of the week e.g. still life, life drawing, portrait etc. You just pay as you go, and go as little or as much as you like. The fee you pay for that session (I think about $10 or $15) goes towards the cost of the model and running costs of the studio. There might be an annual fee I think to be a member, but it's not much. Also a good chance to meet other artists, who then get together and go landscape painting together.

Nice, didn't know these existed-thanks Biggles. I like the sound of it.

This would be great, I do sketch and paint, mostly landscapes, but would love to have a go at sketching male nude, they have very beautiful bodies, leave the female bodies for others, I would really enjoy this...I guess art class is a possibility, but I'd rather not commit longterm at moment, I wonder what the model fetches $$ for the night? Be interesting.

You'll find all you need here - http://www.art-search.com.au/
Drill through to find what you are looking for by starting with your state, and choosing Art Classes (about 3/4 of the way down the list) to find Life Drawing classes. Not all of these type of classes may be listed there so try Art Societies & Clubs (a bit further down) in the Category drop down list to find groups that you're interested in and follow their links for further info on their classes on offer.

There are lots of art groups all over Australia and they provide different and same types of art classes/workshops/weekends etc. So not all will provide Life Drawing classes and even then they probably won't specify if it will be a male or female you'll be drawing. Classes are usually a 2-3 hours and cost anywhere between $12-$20 (depends on their other costs etc). I recently went to one for $25.00 from 1-4 on a Saturday arvo, but most are run at night.

Anyhoo, it will be much cheaper than the art4play classes run for girls nights out as theirs is run as an entertainment item and as a business whereas classes are all about the art.

Forgot to say, although art groups run a schedule of classes, you're not obliged to sign up for a term or anything permanent - you can pay per class. You can also pay an annual fee which gives you the classes a bit cheaper. Either way you can come and go as you please to whatever classes you're interested in.

Back