son is asking big questions about how to have a relationship with a girl.

Courses for horses....my guy is a nice guy & I wouldn't have looked twice at him if he was a b@stard.

It is a myth that girls like b@stards! Ok, maybe some airheads that chase footballers & guys with muscles fit the theory. But I will take a nice guy over a C*$* anyday.

That whole kitten chasing the ball of wool theory doesn't fit for me either, I find it shallow.

In our old age, we have conversation (& probably a bit of s$x, but not as much as when we were younger) & laughter.

If a guy can make me laugh, he's in! Simple as that.

At 20, I believe he should be out dating heaps of women & enjoying life being carefree. (Same advice to women in their 20's). Maybe at 30 he will have gleaned some life experience & will decide for himself what he wants in a life partner.

Not every guy needs to 'man-up'. Some of us like them sensitive with a ballsy side. Being a 'man' is different for everyone. He will be whatever man he is supposed to be all by himself without any of us telling him who he should be :)

Manning up isn't about being hard or a ******* or a footballer.

It is about always doing what is right, both for others and for yourself.

It is about being able to take charge of a situation. Whether it be mechanical problems, crying children or even financial responsibility.

Here is a website I subscribe to.

Some of the emailed articles are great but others are a bit too US focussed for my taste. But overall it has a lot to offer.

I'd say the problem is unlikely to be a nice/bad boy issue that's stopping him from forming relationships with girls.

The fact is he's in his 20's and seeking advice from his mother on how to have a relationship with a girl, who in turn is unsure on how to advise him so turns to consult people on an internet forum, is the issue.

The 'how to have a relationship' problem is just a symptom of the real issues. He needs to fix those first in order to have successful opposite sex relationships.

I'll add that a man should never seek a relationship to fill a void inside.

Do whatever is necessary to get rid of the void first, then find a woman who has done the same.

so very true ... before getting into a serious relationship one has to be a well rounded, whole person - fullfilled without outside stimulus, happy with own company, comfortable with who they are as a person. the relationship will be much stronger, and more equitable, if two whole people come together - rather than two people seeking someone else to "fullfill" them (needy).

in the meantime - the only way to become a whole person is to get out and live, challenge oneself, extend oneself, learn your limits and then push them.

hey jane ... haven't heard from you since you asked the question. any feedback?

I found now that im not actually interested in getting a partner im getting more people interested in me.

Tell him to not worry about women and focus more on making the benjamins

Because he is the one asking his Mum for help!
I guess there would be some who would think it is counterproductive and potentially very dangerous for a young man in his 20's to be like he is,with all the different lifestyles that are out there these days..,

I find it strange that young Men have problems with Ladies ,they want the same as Men,, just the games that are played in between are different all it takes is ask the question..willair..

Dear Lamingotns and Lil Skater,

Why did you edit your posts that showed that jane is Francine? It's pretty obvious it was her from the threads she's started.

P.S. I am not editing this post.

Dear Lamingotns and Lil Skater,

Why did you edit your posts that showed that jane is Francine? It's pretty obvious it was her from the threads she's started.

P.S. I am not editing this post.

Oh no, I knew from day 1 as did the boyfriend..But didn't have a reason to say it because she didn't, but then chose to edit it because the boyfriend thought it was mean, and I suppose it is if someone wishes to keep their "identity secret" :rolleyes:

...besotted with Tim...give me a scientist any day.:) 'nerds' are very sexy...or my current man of the land. (In case he reads this).:p

timag.jpg

A certain 'narkiness' is running through this forum of whilst I've been away. What's going on? :(

Just wanted to say that I met my husband when I was 18 (just) in a nightclub. We are both shy types who, with the help of some alcohol just had fun. He remembered my phone number (work) and rang me the very next day. He sent me flowers, held doors open and was (and still would be if she was alive) VERY good to his mum.

ALL GOOD stuff.

Your son will be just fine. It will find him when he's not looking.

Here's another tip of the practical kind: Get a pet and visit your local vet clinic a lot. When I was vet nursing there was always a couple of young nurses with good hearts wanting a boyfriend. It's a job that attracts strong young women with caring personalities (mostly).

before getting into a serious relationship one has to be a well rounded, whole person - fullfilled without outside stimulus, happy with own company, comfortable with who they are as a person.
lol Lizzie, hardly anybody would be ready for a "serious relationship" if this was the case.

Back