South Seven Hills vs Kings Langley Border

Hi All

I believe it is general consensus that South Seven Hills is the most sought after area of Seven Hills. Driving through though, the side of Seven Hills bordering Kings Langley or the 'music bowl" actually appeal to me more in terms of proximity to Old Windsor Rd, M2, Bella Vista etc.
What is it about South Seven Hills that makes it the more expensive side of Seven Hills?

Could you please shed some light
Thank you

I mean why do people find South Seven Hills more attractive than the rest of Seven Hills...I personally don't mind the Kings Langley Border section (not south)...but this doesn't seem as valued as the South side. Why is that?

Why do you say that people find south Seven Hills more attractive?

The music bowl section I thought was always more expensive.

It's closer to Baulkham Hills. Also Kings Langley is more expensive than Seven Hills.

According to past posts, south seven hills seems to pop up as the area mentioned that is "better" to buy. Also when talking to real estates they have all consistently said it's the better part of Seven Hills. Looking at sold prices over the last few months, prices seem to be higher in that section also.

According to past posts, south seven hills seems to pop up as the area mentioned that is "better" to buy. Also when talking to real estates they have all consistently said it's the better part of Seven Hills. Looking at sold prices over the last few months, prices seem to be higher in that section also.

OK having some knowledge of this area :D I'll try to explain:

Traditionally, buyers avoid the area north of the railway line/Abbott/Wall Park Rds and in between Lucas Rd only. Not that it's a terrible area, but some areas are low lying and less attractive and there is more DOH stock in this pocket. South of the Prospect/Wall Park section is considered nicer as well as the "music bowl" section you're referring to (in between Seven Hills and Abbott Rds) Seven Hills also extends up to part of Solander Rd in nearby KL and this section is also fine though I'd do a search for DOH stock if you're concerned as a couple of streets here are affected.

One thing to be aware of in Seven Hills south, however, is high tension power lines- not many buyers like backing onto these so just be aware in streets like MacKenzie Bvd etc. Happy hunting!

I have lived in kings langley all my life and I don't really see 'investment' potential, seven hills is closer to more transport, bigger shops. It's moved a lot over the past few years.

Kings langley has sat around $450-$500k for ages. I think the full renovated ones go for the 6's

Just my 1c

John

Thanks Jacque
What about the Ellam Drive section?

Dont see any problems with that area. If you work in city, 15min walk to Seven Hills station is a big plus. It's only a 45min train ride into city. Door to door would be just around an hour assuming your office is not too far from a city station. Takes longer to bus it from Maroubra to city despite Maroubra being a fraction of the distance. Very convenient. Many people who live in Baulkham Hills and Kings Langley drive to Seven Hills station and catch the train into the city, rather than the M2 buses. Good shopping centre at Seven Hills Centro which is right next to the station, with Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, all the major banks et.

On Ellam Dr side, you should be right next to a big football field. You're also about 10min walk to St Martin's Village in Blacktown (which has Harvey Norman, IGA, Poco, RTA, fast food chains, etc) and a short drive onto M4.

I wouldn't pay more to be on the Baulkham Hills side if you can get something reasonable on Ellam Drive. It's still Seven Hills. Lifestyle will be comparable. I really don't think you will notice any difference.

I have lived in kings langley all my life and I don't really see 'investment' potential, seven hills is closer to more transport, bigger shops. It's moved a lot over the past few years.

Kings langley has sat around $450-$500k for ages. I think the full renovated ones go for the 6's

Just my 1c

John

John, not sure if you're watching or active in the current market but it's a lonnnggg time since I've seen houses sold in KL for the $400K's and there's not much on the market under low to mid $600K's now (entry level). Nicely renovated homes are easily selling for $700K+ as buyers who can't afford BH, BV etc skip just over the other side to what KL has to offer.

If budget allows, go for Kings Langley. Seven Hills South is over rated.

Kings Langley is more like hills area, leafy, lots of space and community feel. Bought an IP there in 2010 and I regret now I didn't buy more at that time.

true Jacque,

The ones ive seen for sale though are the ones that have been renovated, and not original condition ones aka the house im in lol

those would go for about the 500's

Sorry I have one question, do you guys think Seven Hills especially the one near KL and BH is overheated already? Saw few sales within half year (houses) and I am wondering why.

Back