Spam

This morning when I logged on, I found a private message from "Buddha" who proceeded to give a little spiel about his religious beliefs. I notice that he is banned but I wonder what the implications are of this - I imagine that I wasn't the only one contacted and I do not have a lot of personal details listed in my profile such as email address etc. so the question is purely out of interest.

Cheers

I got one too. I briefly contemplated converting to buddism as a result of his inspiring message, then went back to my coffee and toast instead.

He was banned as a part of his little spree.

I didn't get a message myself (presumably he was avoiding mods) but I did get a few PMs reported.

This person has been a serial offender on many forums (I've received PMs on other forums I visit), and he did the same on InvestEd yesterday too. As geoffw mentioned - they have now been banned.

Looking at the number of posts of the people that did get one, maybe he was only contacting those with less than 1000 posts in the hope that he wouldn't get caught out.

ummmm, as per my above...i didn't get it and i only have 300 and something...

nice theory though...it would be interesting to know how he picked his targets.

nice theory though...it would be interesting to know how he picked his targets.
Probably random...

But here's an eveil thought. What if everybody on the forum sent him a PM with a message from the religion of their chice?

No, cannot do it. He's been banned.

Back