Spelling on Forums

I do not like swearing in a post but thats only because not into swearing in any form but other then that I am fine also don't put up peoples full names unless they say you can and don't saying things about them that you would say in front of a magistrate becuase I think a few people that I have read on a few forums not this one thank goodness would be very close to going the wrong way infront of the same magistrate but other then that alls fine with me.
and I hope those that can read my posts enjoy them.

"GR",I have always understood your posts,that's the value part of this site every person that posts her OR his ideas are different I for one can not spell more then 20 words never had too in my working life,but i intend to do something about it..willair..

hi prep
will let you know how the US goes
I have been told I am a bit of a dynamo just don't wind me up they say or you get a bit more then you want.
I just imagine he talks like that, so the end of each of those lines is where he'd take a breath.
I have been told to stop to take that breath. I like to get alot of info out in one big go then listen to what people say
I have been askd by people why have I not said anything and thats because I was waiting for this and then they say I wish I never asked
but thats fine

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

Thanks for posting that. I have it somewhere and wanted to post it but couldn't find it.

This has always fascinated me. I had no problems reading this, but have seen it before and I believe the big difference between being able to read this with jumbled letters is twofold -

1. the correct letters are actually there and each word has its correct letters with it, not split or joined to the word before or after; and

2. the sentence is structured correctly, so my mind is following and expecting the logical flow of what is being said.

For me, the big difference in some of the posts here is that they do not flow, there is not a logical sequence, and the correct letters are not there.

I have really struggled to read some posts with missing letters, wrong letters for that particular word and some letters joined to the word before, or the word after, which really makes my mind come to a standstill.

I believe the exercise above is much easier to follow than some posts.

Having said all that, it is not too much of a bother to me. If I cannot make head nor tails of it, and if it doesn't inspire me enough to try to fathom it, I just move to the next post.

What fascinates me is how passionate some of us seem about this subject and how many posts it has generated :). In the great "scheme of life" it is not really a biggie.

One other thing I have noticed is that lots of bad spelling and grammar (no not typos) is creeping into newspapers as Gen Y and Gen X are moving through the ranks of these organisations.

Part of the reason for this is also the struggle to survive that newspapers are involved in. They've been cutting costs by cutting staff - their production staff (subeditors etc) are often first in line.
They're the very people who run quality control on a newspaper. But their numbers have been slashed in the last 3-5 years, and much of their work outsourced to companies that care little for quality.
(FWIW ;))

The correct spelling of "dislexia" is dyslexia.

Not sure whether your problem is laziness, unfamiliarity with english or maybe you were just hoping someone would notice and bite.:D

I think it may be his unfimiliararity with English ;).

There have already been 50 exception/apologiy posts made to those for whom English is not their first language.

Maybe we should start a thread lamenting the ability to READ, a sentiment I would wholeheartedly endorse.

I am sure we have all wondered about replies to our posts where we have been "corrected" by someone with (apparently) the same viewpoint.

If you cant read/comprehend how can you pass exams?

idontgivearatsrearendaboutspellin on any forumm..........gotta luuk pastit sumetimez and getta to da issue da posta is makin.

rgds,csc2 (poor typist)

Back