Spill defeated

I agree that I don't want them to become "musical chairs" - but think Abbott has made one to many very public gaffes and is an embarrassment as a leader.

A leader doesn't have to be the smartest cookie in the pot, but he does have to have a charisma and ability to sell to the public ... and know when to keep his mouth shut in a non-offensive way

Darn! I like the party's basic policies - but not the current leader

I very much dislike both.
The big changes that Abbott is so proud of are changes for the worse in my opinion:
  • Carbon tax axed
  • Mining tax axed
  • Allowing live exports on a grand scale
  • Stopping the boats

At least with him at the helm, there's zero doubt that they'll get the boot next election.

Bill Shorten will be happy, he won't have to articulate any ideas of his own for a bit longer and just coast along as a small target.

Bill Shorten will be happy, he won't have to articulate any ideas of his own for a bit longer and just coast along as a small target.

His silence over the last couple days has been deafening. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't coming out asking the the Lib's to give Tony a fair go. :p

Bill Shorten is likely to employ the same tactics that helped Tony get into power. He'll block, criticise, talk about party disunity. Basically a negative campaign. Australian politics has been a very sad state of affairs since Rudd got in.

Not surprised that the leadership challenge fizzled. There'll probably be another one within about 6 months of the election.

How's this for comedy:

Hansard Monday, 27 February 2012

QUESTIONS WITHOUT NOTICE
Labor Party Leadership
Mr ABBOTT (Warringah?Leader of the Opposition) (14:00): My question is to the Prime Minister. Given that one-third of her parliamentary colleagues and a quarter of her cabinet colleagues have today expressed their lack of confidence in her, how can she claim to have a mandate to continue as Prime Minister?

Sensible outcome. Give him 6 months to convince some disgruntled back benchers. If he doesn't do that, make a change 12 months out from an election.

Darn! I like the party's basic policies - but not the current leader

Which basic policies are you referring to?
I can't think of one (basic or otherwise) that has either:
- passed the senate
- passed the test of rational/fair/sensible policy
- done anything like it was supposed to (read: axe the tax = $550pa back to consumers)
- and/or been a broken promise

I figured I better re-think what I just wrote, so I did, and yep, not one.

Back