SS Sydney Meetup

Let's see how the numbers are looking in the next week or so.

If we need to move it back a week to miss the conflict then that could be an option.

S

Let's see how the numbers are looking in the next week or so.

If we need to move it back a week to miss the conflict then that could be an option.

S

Why not arrange your one for the next meeting and everyone go along to the Parramatta one? I mean it's not like it's in North Sydney and everyone is coming from Emu Plains, for most people Parramatta isn't that far.

That way you avoid the conflict and you can start a new thread in a month's time to advertise it and organise it much better.

Steve, while I would like to say that we will be there, I'm not so sure we will as we have a lot on that week and getting to the Bull & Bush is a royal pain for us as Hubby comes home by train (no trains out that way), so I have to collect him from the station before we can start the trek.

I don't know if you're aware but 21st is conficting with this other event in Parramatta
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65125

In all honesty, Steve has been planning this for a while. That other event was posted by someone who has only ever made one post. The one advertising her event. If I was choosing which one to attend, it would definately be Steve's. I'm not saying that events that have an educational aspect are not of value, because they are (I remember the ones in Glebe, on the occasions I was able to make it and they were great), I'm just saying that I would prefer to support a contributing member of the forum.

That way you avoid the conflict and you can start a new thread in a month's time to advertise it and organise it much better.

Sam,

This sounds like a good idea, thanks.
I will be posting a new thread late September early October about 2 weeks prior to the event, and then advertising accordingly. I think we'll have it at Parramatta given its centrality to those interested in this thread.

Kind regards,
Steve

PS: Cheers Skater for the kind words and support. Hope to see you and BH at the October meeting.

PS: Cheers Skater for the kind words and support. Hope to see you and BH at the October meeting.

No, we'll be in Adelaide at that time.

So....does this mean you are not having your meeting? I didn't post a Western Sydney one because there would have been two in the same week. If you are not having your one, I might add my one, since we will be leaving the following week and having to arrange a dinner with our other daughter before we leave, that week is the option for us.

No, we'll be in Adelaide at that time.

So....does this mean you are not having your meeting? I didn't post a Western Sydney one because there would have been two in the same week. If you are not having your one, I might add my one, since we will be leaving the following week and having to arrange a dinner with our other daughter before we leave, that week is the option for us.

That sounds great. Depending on the date / time, we may pop along again! I'll be sure to let you know in your thread anyway.

In terms of the October one, I'll be sure to keep people in the loop.

S

That sounds great. Depending on the date / time, we may pop along again! I'll be sure to let you know in your thread anyway.

In terms of the October one, I'll be sure to keep people in the loop.

S

Just bite the bullet, pick a day/time that suits you, realise that it won't be convenient to everyone, don't give too much notice (or it gets forgotten), and have fun. :D

newbie??

Is this still going ahead? I am not yet an investor, very young, keen and willing to learn! When it comes to investing i know very little if anything!!! would a 'newbie' like myself be able to tag along to these events????

thanks!

Is this still going ahead? I am not yet an investor, very young, keen and willing to learn! When it comes to investing i know very little if anything!!! would a 'newbie' like myself be able to tag along to these events????

thanks!

Hi BH,

Your certainly most welcome to come along to these events. They are great from a mentoring and development perspective. I'll be posting a thread either later today or tomorrow about this month's Sydney meetup. It will be on Tuesday 26th October at 7:30pm.

Stay tuned to this section of the forum for more information.

Kindest regards,

Steve

I should really try and make it out to one of these meet ups...every single time I've had something come up! Won't promise anything but will try and make it, aslong as I have the missus car and she's not on late shift then I should be there ;).

This date is the night of the fortnightly Right Group meeting at Rydges in Parramatta.
So I'm possibly out (unless their topic is not of interest to me).

So is Nathan as he attends those.

This date is the night of the fortnightly Right Group meeting at Rydges in Parramatta.
So I'm possibly out (unless their topic is not of interest to me).

So is Nathan as he attends those.

That being the case, I think we should have it on Tuesday the 19th.
That way it doesn't conflict.
I'll post a thread about it later today.

S

Back