St G & NAB variable rates (residential)

With St George we get the pricing approval based on loan size only. We only provide a name and a loan amount and they give us the pricing, nothing else is known to them so it does not matter about LVR/security or other assets you mentioned. The rate discounts do increase based on your loan size and do not get smaller the more you borrow.

Jon,

Are you able to indicate to me what rate StG would offer for loan size >4 million?

I can run faster :)
LVR 70% but I am just curious at what rate they would offer.

I am currently with ANZ for that amount and LVR around 70% with 5.06% variable

Done correctly, and assuming they want the business, and if you then look to move again in 2 years time JM might ? be able to get you an effective rate of 4.8v or less

ta
rolf

With St George we get the pricing approval based on loan size only. We only provide a name and a loan amount and they give us the pricing, nothing else is known to them so it does not matter about LVR/security or other assets you mentioned. The rate discounts do increase based on your loan size and do not get smaller the more you borrow.

Then what happens when you ask to increase in the loan , do they give a larger discount, are they not concerned with what security you have, or how you propose to service loan. It matters to my bank managers. Different securities have different rates and different LVRs. In 2010 I asked St George about increasing a loan first they said no more because they didn't like to lend more than $1.2 m even tho my LVRs were only 50%. Broker put the loan out to tender St g and Westpac only ones interested St G tendered 9%, 2.0 more than existing loan there. West Pac tendered 7% + .05 line fee on the provision the loan was more than $600k and less than $1.2m again they don't like lending more than that. In feb I sold one of the 6 crossed properties no problem West Pac said I could keep the same loan limit but I told them to reduce it effectively reducing the interest rate by reducing the line fee. Higer loan amounts don't necessarily mean cheaper rates.

crossed properties

there is one reason why it makes it tough to negotiate with existing lenders.

Not always, but usually they have an all or nothing attitude.

No probs having a bunch of IPS with the one lender, but xcoll tendsto give them confidence that one wont move.

ta
rolf

Then what happens when you ask to increase in the loan , do they give a larger discount, are they not concerned with what security you have, or how you propose to service loan. It matters to my bank managers. Different securities have different rates and different LVRs. In 2010 I asked St George about increasing a loan first they said no more because they didn't like to lend more than $1.2 m even tho my LVRs were only 50%. Broker put the loan out to tender St g and Westpac only ones interested St G tendered 9%, 2.0 more than existing loan there. West Pac tendered 7% + .05 line fee on the provision the loan was more than $600k and less than $1.2m again they don't like lending more than that. In feb I sold one of the 6 crossed properties no problem West Pac said I could keep the same loan limit but I told them to reduce it effectively reducing the interest rate by reducing the line fee. Higer loan amounts don't necessarily mean cheaper rates.

If you increase the loan size at a later date you might be able to get a bigger discount but that is hypothetical as we dont know what banks margins are going to be into the future. As long as all the securities are residential i dont see why you would be paying different rates for your loans? Secondly most banks including st G have no problems with loans above 1.5 mil.

Secondly most banks including st G have no problems with loans above 1.5 mil.

thats a little broad ...................

I expect the LVR has a bunch to do with it where a single security is involved

On the GC especially, try and get a 2 mill plus away at 80 %........possible, but certainly no problems

Technically, NAB will go to 2.5 at 90 % even..................but would be an interesting transaction

ta
rolf

Its not a case of having an issue for loans over $1.5mil - the big issue is the LVR restrictions at those loan amounts. This varies greatly amongst lenders. NAB hands down wins in this area for mine.

Yes NAB (and their securitised funds) win big time for high LVRs on 'jumbo' loans. Even on a relatively low property value of $2.2m - most lenders do max 75% LVR. NAB just did one for us @ 80% LVR on a security value of $3m.

I have found St George service to be crap. And they treat you like crap as well.

I am on 5.35 . I took out the loan last year - based on 500K

Have a look at State Custodians- don't know too much about them, but they are always below Stg

there is one reason why it makes it tough to negotiate with existing lenders.

Not always, but usually they have an all or nothing attitude.

No probs having a bunch of IPS with the one lender, but xcoll tendsto give them confidence that one wont move.

ta
rolf

Yeh, but it doesn't mean you cant move or wont. Just because some properties are crossed doesnt mean you cant move. Do it regularly 4 banks in 10 years .

Here is one for you.

St George is our main lender and we asked for pre approval for our SMSF.

Other banks replied within 1 week.

Still waiting on St George 11 weeks on. :eek: Ended up having to bail up Gail Kelly last week at a function to get the State Manager to try and resolve this.

His argument was that you should purchase the property first and then apply for funding hence the delay.

What really shocks me is that we are often advised that St George is the better lender for SMSF's.

Back