St George 1.5% below std variable

twhurl

I would be careful before you jump into deep with SGB as the SVR is certainly not competitive and will all depend on how long you intend to hold the property.

Just be cautious of the Dragons fire when it comes to payout costs etc on this product.

^SVR is consistent with the majors

Professional package discount of 80bps take it down to 5.09 which again is in line with majors

rack pro pack numbers below

70 pts off the SVR, which currently means 4.47 variable ongoing indicative after the RBA drop of this week

ta
rolf

Loan Type
Loan Amount
Discount

Standard Variable and Portfolio variable
$0 - $99,999
nil

$100,000 - $149,999
0.25%pa

$150,000 - $249,999
0.50%pa

$250,000 plus
0.70%pa

Early Termination Fees

After a conversation with STG's Home Loan info line, the ETF's for the product are apparently as follows;

Within first 12 months, a 0.9% fee is on loan balance. From 12 months but before 4 years, a flat $1500 applies.

I was advised yesterday by StG that 3 & 5 yr fixed rates should be coming down in the next week or two.

Should we take the variable -1.5 product and wait for fixes to bottom or wait a bit longer and grab the fix product directly ?
I imagine you have to pay the full whack of charges if you convert to fix after one year as opposed to the free switch to generic discount SVR product

twhurl,

I was advised they should be coming down. May be better to wait and see if they actually do. Currently in the process of some refinancing so it may have been a sweetner to keep me interested. You never know with the banks.

Back