Stain in 12 month out carpet

Hi All,

Tennants have just moved out and there is a stain in my loverly new carpet that the steam cleaner guy couldn't get out.

RE agent said the tennants will pay for the little bit of carpet to be replaced and not the whole room (which would look worse) She said if we took it to VCAT they would say the same thing.

Tennants are paying us $133 for the cost of replacing the little square of carpet.:rolleyes:

Does this sound right / fair?

GG

Hi GG,

Just lodge the paperwork to have the whole room replaced, if they want to challange it @ tribunial tell them good luck have fun.

Replacing part of the carpet.... pfft please...

Someone @ my work put a small stain in the carpet @ a rental place. They took his entire $1500 bond to replace the one room.

You need a PM with balls, not one of these lazy ones that is like... "meh to much work, not worth the hassle"

Regards,

RH

Hi GG,

Just lodge the paperwork to have the whole room replaced, if they want to challange it @ tribunial tell them good luck have fun.

Replacing part of the carpet.... pfft please...

Someone @ my work put a small stain in the carpet @ a rental place. They took his entire $1500 bond to replace the one room.

You need a PM with balls, not one of these lazy ones that is like... "meh to much work, not worth the hassle"

Regards,

RH

Yes..agree.
I've been reading a few of the decisions at tribunals.
Very often when the LL loses, it is because the PM have not be doing their job.

Please stay away from store bought stain removal products as they usually make the stain worse by setting it or produce colour loss in the carpet. I have seen a lot of carpets cleaned where the client has used a store bought product (big kevs used to be the worst) and when the carpet is cleaned the bleach marks become obvious once the residue is removed.

A lot of carpet cleaners are not experts in removing stains as there is a science to doing it. Stain removal is rarely a simple one product process, especially with coloured stains. It can be time consuming and costly to do so a lot of carpet cleaners just dont bother.

If you call around ask over the phone how confident they are with stain removal and what are the chances of it coming out, are they certified with IICRC or NUCCA, will they give a guarantee etc. We tell clients if they have used a product on the stain the chances of it coming out are reduced to 50/50, if the stain has been left alone then depending on the stain source it can be a 95% chance of removing, we never say 100% lol.

I think it is better to remove the stain than to patch the carpet but repairs can be done by someone experienced and they are not noticeable. If the carpet has some wear and the replacement piece is new then it can show up, also you will have to lose a patch out of a cupboard if you dont have a spare peice. In our business the cost of the carpet repair is more than stain removal.

Hi,

Someone has already mentioned dying - here's another vote for that but I had it dyed back to original colour not the colour of the stain. I had some badly stained pale grey carpet in an ip and my property manager arranged to get it dyed back to pale grey by a carpet repairer.

The outgoing tenant paid the cost abut it was around $200 - $250 for a couple of fairly large(biggest was around 1m in diameter) really bad/dark stains. The result was excellent and you couldn't see a colour difference between the dyed carpet and the rest of the carpet - all is pale grey now. It was a couple of years ago now and still looks good despite a few cleans in the meantime...

Kassy

Back