Strange Frankston North property

This thread was about trying to help Mindmaster. You are an agent, if I recall correctly: can you perhaps suggest some good streets he can buy into? I have never once been on Twitter as I have nothing to sell or promote. I am not sure of what you are going on about.

Gaul? Oh the part of France once conquered by the Romans? Never been there.

Insulting potential customers is neither kind nor wise.

Can I ask what is your intent here newhigh??? Chill...

Intent? Transparent markets where advertisements (like the abovenamed duplex) are advertised as such - it'd save everyone a lot of time. I don't hate agents - some are nice people. They are all trying to make a living, just like the rest of us.

Intent? Transparent markets where advertisements (like the abovenamed duplex) are advertised as such - it'd save everyone a lot of time. I don't hate agents - some are nice people. They are all trying to make a living, just like the rest of us.

I agree.

Listing what is clearly a very large duplex as a normal property with out mentioning that it is a duplex is wrong.

Being honest, clear and open about the nature of this property is the way to go.

If you read the ad, it refers to a "home", not a house.

I learned a long time ago that in RE-speak a "home" is NEVER a house, duplex at best. Always look at what the ad does NOT say, as well as what it does.

Why don't they say so? Well, we are all talking about that ad, aren't we? It's all in the glorious name of advertising....
Marg

On the surface, this place looks place looks good. 256k, 600m block, powered bungalow out the back, 2 story 3 bdrm, reasonable location etc etc
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=55802524&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1246203334

This property has now sold for $245K..., to a friend of mine!! :eek:

He came in today with a brochure, claiming he just bought a new house, and guess what house it was! I didn't want to burst his bubble, so just congratulated him on his purchase etc...

I'm sure he'll do very well out of it in years to come but man, he could have bought a HOUSE form less than that, in Frankston North. I did offer to look for him a while ago. Oh well...:rolleyes:

This property has now sold for $245K..., to a friend of mine!! :eek:

He came in today with a brochure, claiming he just bought a new house, and guess what house it was! I didn't want to burst his bubble, so just congratulated him on his purchase etc...

Without knowing the facts of the sale he could still use the cooling off period if he was not aware it was a duplex and wanted to change his mind. Even though it is not your business I would still check that he is aware of the fact. He is a friend after all!

Heidelberg heights may be comparable in terms of housing and demographics of the residents but it is 10km from the CBD!

Hope so, that means that I'll make a packet but I don't think it will even get close in the next 5 years. And if it does, Heidelberg heights will be pushing the magical mill. :)

Margaret Lomas: "I am a big fan of Frankston".

For all you Frankston fans: Author and property commentator Margaret Lomas was on Sky Business news today where she said "I am a big fan of Frankston."
I think another other guru, a TAFE's property lecturer named Peter Koulizos, has placed Frankston at the top of 18 Aussie hotspots. The writeup was in Australian Property News.

What should I pay for a cheapie in Frankston? How long does it take for a house to sell? I'm told houses sell in 20-30 days. Does this mean I cannot negotiate a discount? Please share

Back