Strata titled but no levies.

Hey guys,
I went to an open home for a duplex today and agent told me that the property was strata titled but without levies. Has anyone heard of this and if so can you give me more info about this. Eg are any fees or levies payable and can strata fees be introduced down the track ?

Cheers

T.G

Lack of common areas requiring a levy to be in place. Usually just a common wall and or sewer for strata.

If you control the duplex pair entirely, you can doubly be sure of no levy fee's being introduced.

Hey guys,
I went to an open home for a duplex today and agent told me that the property was strata titled but without levies. Has anyone heard of this and if so can you give me more info about this. Eg are any fees or levies payable and can strata fees be introduced down the track ?

Cheers

T.G

Check how building insurance is dealt with. I own half a strata duplex in WA and am still obliged to have a single shared building insurance policy which we split 50/50.

Title shows some areas which although fenced are common areas.

nb: We could each arrange our own policies , but there would be a gap because of the common areas.

Other owner is currently not interested in arranging full title split as we have to arrange valuations and several hundred dollars is documentation.

Built strata.

And thanks for all the answers so far. It never ceases to amaze me how much people on here know.

Cheers

TG

Back