Strip Plank Vinyl Flooring

Thinking about replacing some carpet and vinyl with 1.2m strip plank vinyl tiling. New to me.

Any good? What to watch for?

Units located in Brisbane. PM suggests (rather than recommends),

- CarpetCall, Indooroopilly,
- CarpetOne, Stafford,
and someone gave me a card for a small supplier,
- Boston Carpets (Troy?)

An existing property doesn't always present the optimal fresh surfaces.

Opinions invited and any specific concerns to my personal post thanks.:)

Check out the new tiles which have wood digitally printed onto them. OMG they are amazing.
And much more hard wearing than any wood option. I have no idea how much they are though

http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/TileInfo/Blog/tabid/87/ID/92/Wood-Look-Tiles.aspx

Wood-Plank-Tile.jpg

I have friends who have vinyl plank and it looks good imo and seems to wear well.

I have considered it for past projects but went tile and real wood instead.

I will give it a crack for the next one though based on research and first hand evidence.

I put it in an IP (hall, kitchen, dining) about 6 years ago and have been very happy with it.

I kept a few spare planks in case any areas got damaged (may be hard to find same style in future), but haven't had to use them yet.

Do you mean the flexible thin vinyl adhesive planks (eg allure at harveys) or vinyl laminate floating floors?

The thin vinyl strips like tiles that are around 1200mm long, 120mm(?) wide and about two mm thick.

They would vary enormously in quality and price I suppose and it would always be comparing apples with oranges. The self-adhesive type would not have enough glue to hold and would likely lift in time. I am hoping for a bed of glue.

As I see it, my best protection is in having a reliable supplier/installer, which is why I am trying to get some comments on the ones listed, or other recommendations.

Many thanks to all so far, your helpful comments are appreciated.:)

We've done the glue down ones which we were happy with but a pain to lay.

We also put the swelf adhesive ones in a villa laundry and kitchen. No problems so far (few years). They look great for the price.

Back