Stuart Petroluem (STU)

Does anyone else here own them?. They fell from like $1.20 to about 90c. OUCH!, i lost about $1000.

Qaz,

Your problem was that you sold all your shares at $1.30.....THEN worried that you wouldn't get more profits, you bought them all back at $1.23, then held the share on the way down.

Consider it a valuable lesson. In future you need to have a trading plan & stick to it.

We are still holding a number of the shares we bought at under 80c but lightened a great deal at $1.30, hence our profits are locked in.

I do not anticipate that this expectation-based drop will last as the share's fundamentals indicate a higher price that the 90s. In time the company's fundamental value will reassert itself (it's something over $1 ATM based on existing reserves) & as further drilling occurs it will continue to rise.

Unfortunately Arwon has not met the high expectations of some speculative buyers - however I'm willing to wait until drilling is completed & Stuart announce the commercial level of the well before making serious financial decisions.

Under $1 we're net buyers of the stock anyway :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Anyone know whether Hardman Resources (HDR) is a good buy? My friends have invested in it, but they way the share price has moved I think I've missed the boat.

Glebe said:
Actually I have no reasoning!
Ergo,

Do some research on the market & on Hardman & form your own conclusions :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

PS: 1.1 billion Indians, 1.6 billion Chinese.....that's a lot of car buyers in the next twenty years.

Getting off topic

Hmmmm, we seem to be drifting along way from property of late. Perhaps the oil and resource speculators should find somewhere else to hang out....
ab

astroboy said:
Qaz, why not buy some quality real estate, you wont see it drift from $120K to $90K in a week or two....
ab

2 reasons.

1: i dont have a sizeable deposit nor a large income for servicability
2: the market by in large isnt moving, ill wait until theres a big of growth in the market before I buy in.

qaz said:
I was wondering whether I should start buying it back.
Hardman is speculative!!!! I've done very well out of it but their last hole was a duster (if you can have a "duster" under a thousand mtrs of water) and I now only have a core holding, free carried from earlier profits. And there is always soverign risk in West Africa. :(

Merely as somewhere to start reading, check out:

Jubalee Mines with a PE of 5 and divs of 8%
Newcrest a good, big, low cost gold miner who might be the next Aussie to be taken over by a Canadian.
Sydney Gas is getting it all together
Arrow Energy is another CBM (coal bed methane) miner about to deliver.
Bolnisi Gold just tripled their gold/silver resource in Mexico. The price spiked and promptly slumped again. Good buying Monday. (Options, BSGO, are cheapest)

Naturally, this comment is of a general nature and should not be considered advice. Do your own due dilligence.

Thommo

astroboy said:
Hmmmm, we seem to be drifting along way from property of late. Perhaps the oil and resource speculators should find somewhere else to hang out....
ab

Astroboy,

It's the coffee lounge. The thread is titled 'Stuart Petroleum (STU)' - you aren't being forced to read it.

Aceyducey said:
Qaz,

Your problem was that you sold all your shares at $1.30.....THEN worried that you wouldn't get more profits, you bought them all back at $1.23, then held the share on the way down.

Consider it a valuable lesson. In future you need to have a trading plan & stick to it.

Hay GREAT advice Acey! - You have hit the nail on the head :)

Hands up all those ppl who are trading on the sharemarket without a trading plan?

As i have said in that past & will continue to say well into the future - The money always moves from the uneducated ppl to the Smart Investors purely because they have a trading plan & like Acey says , Sticks to it!

If you dont have a plan you are purley trading on your emotions of Hope, Greed, Ego & FEAR.

You have to divorce these emotions in the Property Investing Business if you are to have any success. Sharetrading is purley another form of business and as such you should always have business plan prepared which addresses the aquirement, holding & exiting phases of your venture.

If you dont there will ALWAYS be someone who will take your money from you. :eek:

I remember a greats aying by Warren Buffet that went something like:

"The market is purely a mechansim to transfer wealth from the impatient to the patient".

Great stuff from the guru.

I have always considered investing in resources more speculating than investing but i might need to revise that opinion with the long term prospects re huge and what looks like sustained demand from China.

Hardman is speculative because they don't makie money by making stuff, but by finding stuff.

Each throw of the dice costs a LOT of money & only a few hit paydirt.

That said, existing reserves are cash in the bank & as oil prices rise so does the underlying value of this type of company.

(Should oil prices fall, the reverse happens :) )

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Last edited:
Back