Subdivision in Melb Northern Suburbs

First time poster, looking to get my foot in the door with regards to property.

I've found a property in middle northern melbourne suburbs. The land is approximately 850m2 including a old weatherboard house. The property is a corner block and looks as though it could be split down the middle (see plan attached). This would create to lot of approximately 425m2. Of which the vacant lot could be sold to buy down debt on the existing house or developed.

I'm looking for information on how to go about the due diligence to see if the council will approve the subdivision.

- Where do I find the minimum setback, lot size, etc.
- Property is up for Auction, is there anyway to buy subject to council approval to subdivide.
- Propert has a development contribution overlay, anyone had experience with costs associated. Council website says $1080 per unit, is that the total.

Attachments

• Plan.JPG
    Plan.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 101
I have a strong suspicion a develope would value it as a 3 unit site and bid accordingly (assuming no wierd easements etc).

The council website should tell you about setbacks etc.

You need to do your DD before the auction so talk to council about it if you are unsure.

That contribution seems a bit light on, I have just priced a similar potential subdivision and contributions were just under 5k. All up with council, utilities, surveys etc etc my total was 28k.

First port of call would be the council town planner who will give you an idea of council's requirements.

Better still is to pay a private town planner to help with your due dilligence

Back