Subdivision Sewer and water

Hi to All,

I am doing a feasibility on a one lot to 2 subdivision within the BCC. The property is a corner block and assuming that the water and sewer mains are not an issue, is an estimate of $2200 for each adequate? :rolleyes:

Also appreciate thoughts on old cladding - could be covering asbestos sheeting but cladding itself is old and possibly needs some work.

Hi to All,

I am doing a feasibility on a one lot to 2 subdivision within the BCC. The property is a corner block and assuming that the water and sewer mains are not an issue, is an estimate of $2200 for each adequate? :rolleyes:

Your estimate of $2200 for each is for what exactly? Actually putting in the infrastructure or council contribution costs? If it is council contribution costs I'd say that is low.

On small subdivisions water and sewer infrastructure provision isn't usually too expensive provided it is a simple job. If you have to go under a road it will obviously cost more.

There's something about this topic touched on in the API magazines for this month (May) and last month (April), may be well worth reading if you can get your hands on those copies.

Thank you all for the info to date. The vendor has pulled the property form sale though the figures will be good for the next one.
I was really referring to the installation of the service onto the new (yet to be formed) block.
I have also discovered after taking to a town planner that both the water and sewer lines run across the road form the property of interest.

Back