Suggest changes to the bathroom

This is the bathroom of my IP. The shower leaks and I will be getting it fixed. I am planning to make some inexpensive changes to the bathroom when I am at it.

However, I am not able to decide what I should be doing. I do not want to change the plumbings (thereby lowering costs), but still want it to look good for the prospective tenants.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Attachments

• mandoon bathroom.jpg
    mandoon bathroom.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 112
Budget?

I would update all the fixtures and do new tiling if you can afford it.
No need to move anything as the layout is friendly.

However what state is the rest of the house? You don't want to spend too much on it, if the rest of the house is.

Budget?

However what state is the rest of the house? You don't want to spend too much on it, if the rest of the house is.

The state of rest of the house is not the best. Budget is under $1000. I have a spare secondhand vanity, bathroom shelf and mirror cabinet, but not sure if I should change it.

For under a grand,

- New toilet cistern and seat: $150
- New vanity: $300
- New mirror: $100
- New tapware: $200-$300
- Replace curtains: $40

That will lift its look and feel at well inside budget. The wall and floor tiles are not particularly offensive and will blend away behind the nice look of modern new white fittings. A trick to increase wow factor is to use good quality tapware.

For under a grand,

- New toilet cistern and seat: $150
- New vanity: $300
- New mirror: $100
- New tapware: $200-$300
- Replace curtains: $40

That will lift its look and feel at well inside budget. The wall and floor tiles are not particularly offensive and will blend away behind the nice look of modern new white fittings. A trick to increase wow factor is to use good quality tapware.

Thanks Dave.
I have a spare vanity with taps, mirror and shelf. The budget is to include waterproofing as well. Would have any ideas what it might cost to buy & install a new shower screen (glass).

Vanity and Mirror cabinet

I think ths Bunnings website has a number of shower screens and their prices which should help with your budgeting.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products...--Shower+Screens,+Walls+&+Bases&sort=priceasc

What does the spare vanity look like?

I'm guessing that you'll need to take down the shower tiling to do the waterproofing? If so then maybe go for one of the preformed shower cublicles as a replacement?

I have attached the pictures of the vanity and mirror cabinet. Its 900mm.

Attachments

• mirror.jpeg
    mirror.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 29
  • vanity.jpeg
    vanity.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
Back