SYD GEN Y meetup, not restricted to gen y's - Nov 5th @ Chatswood RSL

If I can get the bus from the retirement village I may be able to attend:p

But please is someone available to help me up any stairs.

And will anyone be wearing skimpy stuff. it is not good as i have a bad heart:D

Yeah, Monkey is OK. I'm just so sick of the bogans who hang out at the entrance there everyday.

I'm happy with Orchard or Monkey. How about a Wednesday in a few weeks?

I'm in.

I travel down from the Central Coast to St Leonards (by train) - so somewhere near the Northshore trainline would be great :)

Sim - I think I'm Gen-X - ('79??) :D

I'd love to get hubby along - he just listens to my nonsense all the time - I'm sure he'd love to get the reassurance from others - so if it was somewhere near some accomodation, we'd probably stay the night.

Cheers,
Jen

'79 is Generation-Y in my book. Can't you tell I was born the same year? ;) I just call myself a Gen-Y to buck the trend. :D

Dinner and or drinks sounds like a marvellous idea.

I second the North Shore. Killara Green Gate is a fantastic pub, the The Greenwood at North Sydney if you want something more central to the CBD...

-- MJ.

Jen D

Look if you are 79 you are not even a Baby Boomer.:eek:

Best stay at home on the Central Coast and do some knitting before bed. Instead of all that travel by train :D

Gee Cee

(Caring For Our elders)

Jen D

Look if you are 79 you are not even a Baby Boomer.:eek:

Best stay at home on the Central Coast and do some knitting before bed. Instead of all that travel by train :D

Gee Cee

(Caring For Our elders)

;)

I spent some time living in Mickleham, VIC - and I certainly learned that the oldies can party just as hard (if not better) than the rest of us! :)

Seriously though, I love RSL's or Bowl's Clubs for a function - cheap food, cheap drinks, good atmosphere - not sure if there's any of those in the Northshore?

I'll probably get booed out by the rest of ya - but they're fun :D

Cheers,
Jen

G'day JenD,

There's an RSL in Chatswood - about 40 steps from the train station too. Good meals, and a place to just "sit down, have a beer and a chat" too.

I've met up with Somersoftians there before - worked well.... I'll keep an eye on this thread - would love to meet up with some others too (I'm an OLD bloke though - earliest "boomer" - just so's you know :p )

I don't know about Artarmon or St Leonards though.

Regards,

Chatswood RSL isnt too bad... was there a few weeks ago for a function.
My gf works in St Leonards, so getting out there would suit her for sure.

A wed night is fine with me... maybe the 5th November??

A wed night is fine with me... maybe the 5th November??

Okay - I'm keen for the 5th November, I have my last uni assignment for the year due on the 3rd, so no problems there.

I assume anyone can go there - don't need to be a member ?

Since I haven't been to that venue before, is there somewhere specific I should mention as to where to meet - ie will it be easy to find us, or is it a bit of a rabbit warren ?

ive only been there once, and it was a little bit of a warren. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of the venue could suggest where exactly in the club to meet?

Or perhaps there is a better suggestion for a club to meet at? Preferably somewhere you can enjoy a counter meal and a beer, and still converse without yelling at each other.

Or perhaps there is a better suggestion for a club to meet at? Preferably somewhere you can enjoy a counter meal and a beer, and still converse without yelling at each other.

That's key for me too - I don't like having to yell to be heard ... not conducive to good information sharing.

RSLs are usually best for being able to converse freely.... so how about we just make it a date and post it up. We can sort out finer details later :)

RSLs are usually best for being able to converse freely.... so how about we just make it a date and post it up. We can sort out finer details later :)

Wed 5th November, Chatswood RSL @ 6pm sound like a good time to do it ?

If so, I'll start a new thread and announce it - and put out an invite via meetup.com

yeah - but perhaps make it 6.30pm to give a little time for travel (for people like me... coming from rydalmere, etc).

I'd post it up as a counter meal, beer and chit chat though, rather than just a drink-up.

Okay - I think we have enough to proceed now ... Wed November 5th, 6:30pm @ Chatswood RSL.

I've created a meetup.com entry for it: North Shore Gen-Y Meetup (not restricted to Gen-Y's)

... please sign up to meetup.com if you aren't already a member and RSVP so we have a rough idea of numbers - if we get a lot of interest, we may need to book ahead!

hay guys sorry i died with arranging this,
my renovation is keeping me flat out. along with trying to keep the gf happy lol.

im down for this :)

lol u saying we should bring our girls so other guys can check em out hehehehehehehehehehe

ill see what ma girl is up to and let u guys know

... am I going to feel really old at this gathering ? :rolleyes:

Where's GeeCee - I need him along to help me feel a bit younger. (He'll be the old guy checking out the girls). Perhaps Les too (although he's more of the kind grandfatherly type).

Back