Sydney Infrastructure

With regard to my other thread on potential reno areas in Sydney I am wondering what new infrastructure projects are coming on line in Sydney in 2012?

New roads, train lines, commercial districts, anything that might enhance employment/access to the city and or add a small amount of value in the short term (the coming year or maximum 2)

Look at the TIDC & RTA websites - south west rail link & north west both will take a few years (2016), M2 expansion is also a little while away.

yeah watching the sw rail especially i think that wont hurt vals on some cheaper existing housing near the new estates

Yeah imagine if they had some decent projects like up in central QLD going on around Sydney, would give it a reason to buzz.

There is plenty evidence that knew infrastructure does not necessarily mean an increase the value of existing real estate.
Western Sydney is but one example.

For Sydney even without direct investment in big projects there is varied work and a good depth of market. Just thinking it would be nice if there was a big project or 2 closer to home given how many things are on the drawing board in remote QLD and WA.

Nathan - Western Sydney is a big place. Any more specifics? ;)

Back