Sydney monthly meeting on 22/05/2003

Sydney Property Investors Club (SPIC)?
Then if Peter Spann came along, it would be...
:D Good one geoffw! Haven't heard that one since my childhood (many years ago). Did you have that product here too? Or were you just referring to the saying?

Cheers,
Kathryn

"Spic n Span" was a floor cleaner in America....came in an orange box (powder form) with a mop and bucket on the front I think, with a sparkling floor. Haven't heard of it in years but it may still be around over there.

Cheers,
Kathryn

SPIC sounds neat.

Great to meet new people and good to see young guys like Giraffe coming along to meet some investors and hopefully pick up some pointers along the way.

Revesby workers club has some good function rooms and heaps of parking as does Bankstown sports club

i am happy to enquire about the RWC as it is around the corner from me if someone else wants to volunteer the same about the Bankstown sports club

Do we have any idea on the next date ?

NIckM

I'm from Shepparton... SPC implies Shepparton Preserving Company- the company wot makes the fruit.

Shepparton is the place my own dad learnt his toolmaking trade (before advancing into bookselling)- and incidentally did well by a financial advisor's advice to buy commercial property (shops built on a well-located empty piece of land).

Off topic, sorry- but nice to know that there are (were?) financial advisors who really did well for their clients.

This is off the topic as well.

Somewehere I read about SPC not long ago..

At one stage SPC went bankrupt and was handed over to administrators. At the time, they were having a lot of problems between the management and the employees.

The management decided that if they don't resolve the issues with the workers the company will cease existing very soon. (or they realised it's the only way out.)

So the management team called a meeting with all the workers in the company and came to an agreement with the workers on how the employees should be managed. And all the workers realised that if they don't work with the management, the company will fold and no one has a job.

I have seen enough bad managements in my company, just thought that this is a good story to share with you all.

Back