Sydney people let's meet up...

Dont look like it's gonna happen unless someone wants to get a group of people in a room to give them a sales spiel.
edit:
Getting a venue is easy, many out there are willing to help out.
I can tee up some room in Crown Plaza.

Last edited:
It seems there is no SIG unless Sim does it, and he's obviously too busy (thats life).
So the biggest city is the least sociable.
I'm warming to the idea of an informal meeting where the forumites are giving
the presentations on their preferred topic & experience.
Maybe it can be done.

I am currently overseas for an extended period - so it is a bit difficult to organise a meetup.

Brisbane have an incorporated organisation which arrange regular formal meetings with speakers and other activities.

Melbourne don't have a formal organisation I don't think, but do seem to be quite good at getting together regularly for exactly the type of meeting you describe.

Sydney has a long history of people trying to get stuff started - but it is difficult to get Sydney-siders to travel long distances to attend meetings unless there is a speaker they are interested in hearing about or it is really close to where they live/work.

We have had a bit of success recently with some after-work social gatherings in Chatswood, but anything more formal (especially without a speaker) is difficult to get people along to. Don't let that stop you from trying though!

Picking your day of the week, time of meeting, and especially location is critically important - if it's not easy to get to (especially parking), then forget it.

Back