Sydney Picnic

Gee, Looks like a great climbing thingo , but I think the council are game to put something up like that in this day and age.

Tis a sad reflection

See Change

Date decided

The poll is finished and the most popular date by a long way was 15 February so here's the story so far.

Date: 15 Feb

Time: 3:00pm

Where: Puntney Park near the pyramid climbing thingy, picture supplied by Loz in this thread.
Bring: Food and drink, picnic stuff like chairs/rug, etc, BBQ stuff if you're game, and the are wading pools for the kids so they might want to bring their cozzies. Don't forget hats.
If it rains: We are going to Tribal Zone at North Ryde RSL, the details are in this thread.

Thankyou to Loz and Acey who provided directions and maps of how to get there also in this thread.

Who: Peter 147 and Jacque said they thought they could come on that particular date, others have said they would like to come but havn't said they can make that day yet. I will be there, my husband Craig and our two boys. All are welcome. Especially children. We can catch each others kids as they fall off the pyramid.

Anyone who wants my mobile number before the event in case they get lost please leave me a private message and I will send it to you.

See you there!

Robyne

Last edited:
Robyne,

Thanks so much for organising this event! I will be there with bells on, hubby and kids in tow, and I look forward to meeting some new faces, as well as old ones :)

I know that I'm being difficult by suggesting a change (please forgive me!) but would it be better to move the time to the morning, say 11am? My reasoning is that it would provide more travelling time for those coming from Newcastle and possibly ACT, as 3pm is just too late a start for such travellers.

I know what it's like for those with small ones, wanting a morning nap and all, but I just think that such a late afternoon time will put some people off. Also, having been to the park before, I know that the prime spots (ie shade!) are well and truly taken by 12pm on a nice warm day.

Hope I haven't upset the plans here, but what do you think?

Hi Robyne,

I tend to agree with Jacque. Coming to the BBQ means around a 400km round trip, and by starting the BBQ so late in the day it seems most of the day is wasted.

There are a couple of people from Newcastle keen on attending, as well as as maybe 5 or 6 from Canberra, and perhaps even one or 2 from Melbourne ;)

Considering a number of us might have to leave by 6pm or so to return home, it doesnt leave much time to catchup with people. Is there any particular reason for a 3pm start?

Hope this in no way upsets at the hard work youve done to organise the day - just a couple of suggestions.

Jamie :p

HI All,
I support both of Jamie & Jacque. We should take care of the friends who come from long long journey to join this big event.
Could we possible change the time to 11am or mid noon?

:rolleyes:
Julian

Hi all,

I am happy to have the picnic start at 11:00 am. I just won't be able to be there! My 2 year old sleeps from about 12:30 to 2:00ish. He would be a nightmare without his sleep. So party happily in the morning and by all means get the best spot (please get the best spot!!!) but no-one is permitted to leave before 3:00pm. That is a joke by the way, just incase it looses it's impact over the net. But I really would like to meet all you people and chat about investment property etc so I hope that someone will be there when we arrive.

Robyne

By the way, I am pleased so many people are coming especially people travelling such a long way! If I get my little fellow to sleep a bit early (I live in hope) and hurry I may be able to get there by 2:00ish.

Robyne

Robyne,

Good idea to change the time. We would have arrived around midday for lunch anyway as coming from Canberra for 3pm and then leaving again around 5pm is awkward.

To help you get there earlier - can you either find a babysitter or, if you wish your child to attend, have them sleep in a pram?

Our kids slept all over the place when they were 2yrs old (we used to have them sleep during movies, at friends' houses & of course in the pram while shopping) - and they still have that useful skill.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Good thinking Acey, I was going to suggest the same. I will try that with my (almost) 3 yr old boy. But he will probably fall asleep in the car on the way there and maybe sleep for a little longer once we arrive there.......anyway .....looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!!

Millionares Party (Yes / No)

Hi Robyne

I don't fit into the millionares party confines. But I am hoping to make it up to the outing at Putney Park at 11.00.
(Is this correct?)

Any idea how many people are attending?

Gee Cee

Greg.

P.S. Anyway; Isn't life supose to be mostly a big party & fun times. With the occasional day with the wife or at work????

Hiya Gee Cee :)
Hope to see you and the family there, anytime after 11am. We simply will have some people arriving later than others, that's all. I intend to get there by 11am, and will tie balloons to an empty shelter (if I can find one) as a sign to others.
Otherwise look out for a strange looking lady holding a bunch of balloons :)
Robyne will be coming later, as are others. But, for the benefit of those who want to make an early start, you can count us in, along with the Canberrans and Newcastlites!
And as for not fitting into the millionaire party confines, does that mean you won't be bringing caviar and champagne but dips, chips and beer instead ? :D Welcome to the party!!!

Hangon, I thought it was for 3pm ? Robyn - can you post a final summary of what was agreed for us ? There seems to be some confusion.

Hi Gee Cee, Jaque and Sim,

I will write a more comprehensive email when I manage to get a bit of time. At the moment I am cooking dinner and watching children, not a good time to write emails.

You are absolutely welcome Cee Gee I am not a millionaire either but I am working on it. Haven't counted numbers seems to be quite a lot really, should be fun!

Thanks Jacque for bringing balloons. Great idea!

Yes Sim, we changed the time to 11:00 because 3:00pm on a Sunday was too late for the out of towners. I am in the process of training Lachlan to sleep in his stroller so I hope to be there with the early birds.

I will write the suggested summary later tonight.

Robyne

Hi all,

Here is my summary

Date: 15 Feb

Time: 11:00am and whenever you can make it after that.

Where: Puntney Park near the pyramid climbing thingy, picture supplied by Loz in this thread.

Bring: Food and drink, picnic stuff like chairs/rug, etc, BBQ stuff if you're game, and the are wading pools for the kids so they might want to bring their cozzies. Don't forget hats.

If it rains: We are going to Tribal Zone at North Ryde RSL, the details are in this thread.

Thankyou to Loz and Acey who provided directions and maps of how to get there also in this thread.

Who: Well I counted up the number of people attending. Where the thread responent wrote "we" I counted 2 people. Where they only indicated themselves I counted 1 but these people may well bring their other halves. So using this method I counted 13 people not including children and who knows how many of those there will be! I forgot to include Craig and myself and our 2 boys. So thats 15+ adults and unknown quanitities of kids. I suspect some people will be unable to come on the day and others will come who haven't written anything on this thread will come.

Looking forward to meeting forumites. I have always suspected that there really is no forum, just one guy with a huge number of alter-egos typing out questions and answers to himself and then I fell for it. No, I am not paranoid.

Should be fun!

Again, anyone who wants my mobile number before the event in case they get lost, please leave me a private message and I will send it to you.

See you there!

Robyne

Ah Robyne LUXURY (Tounge in cheek)

Hey Robyne ????

I cannot understand all the commotion mothers have about babies & toddlers.

I have been " Mr Mum" to my twin boys since my wife decided to go back full time working when they were 9 months old. 4yrs ago.

(A time when I could finally decided what to do and not just what I was told.

With a bit of programming & co-ordinating it was no problem doing the lot.

Multiple nappies, Bottles, washing, cleaning, non sleeping patterns, fights with spouse , continual changing of bed clothes, sleep depravation, fights, isolation, post natal depression. Etc, Etc Etc.

Along with trying to run a development business.

I am certainly hoping to make it to the picnic. If they will allow me a few hours leave from my ward.

They have said if I take a double dose i can have a day out!

Happy Parenting

Gee Cee

Actually I'm a scotch kind of girl, but, hey, if you want to supply the gin, Simon....... :)
Looking forward to it!

Just another reminder for those who haven't been before, there are some small wading type manmade rock pools up the top (no deeper than adult knee depth) so make sure you bring the kid's swimmers!

Back