Sydney Picnic

Hi Robyne

My wife and I are also going to come, so thats 2 more.

I will say that we are newbies and I appologise in advance if we end up asking silly question to anyone on the day.

I guess I will ask one of those questions now, When we get to the "pyramid climbing thingy", how will be able to indentify the people who are also attending from this forum?

Looking forward to meeting everyone and puting a face to a name.

C-ya

Flavio

PS I will be wearing a red t-shirt with the word ATARI. So if you see us wandering aimlessly, please give us an ahoy!

Hi flavs,

Just look for the balloons that jacque is putting up .. or just look for jacque .... shes the one with a cane.... :)

I'll be there too robyne

rossv

Identifiying of investor types

When you note the following you are close:

1) People driving old cars.

2) Adults sitting under trees reading Jan Somers books and having Property Investor Magazines in back pockets.

3) Children at the playground perusing Multilist Realtor Magazines and holding calculators.

4) For the really serious type . Laptops connected to mobiles and logged onto this site.

Hope to meet you all

Gee Cee

Greg.

Glad you can come Flavs. Sorry you can't come Geoff. You are the only person on this forum I have ever met in person!

Not only do I not know what everyone looks like but lets face it I don't even know your names!! Do I run around calling out "Hey Saucy Gibbon!!" ???

Robyne

Originally posted by Robyne
Glad you can come Flavs. Sorry you can't come Geoff. You are the only person on this forum I have ever met in person!

Not only do I not know what everyone looks like but lets face it I don't even know your names!! Do I run around calling out "Hey Saucy Gibbon!!" ???

Robyne
No worries Robyne. I hope I can come to another (weekend) meeting later in the year.

It was bad enough today for our meeting- a list with names like "Builders Crack" and "QAWSX" on the sign in list at the club.

But I do remember some years ago when the now legfendary forumite "The Wife" organised a get together.

I joked in the forum about people paging "The Wife".

But it really did happen- in a very busy club, there was an announcement- "Could the wife please come to the front desk".

Hey, I can just see it happening in Canberra now.

"Can Builders Crack or Son of Crack please come to the front desk".

21rofl.gif
21rofl.gif
21rofl.gif
21rofl.gif

Names, names...

I will look for the balloons first before asking for Perky...

But hang on... what a line to use on babes! When they abuse me for asking if they are “perky” I can explain Somersoft Forum! If I don't get abused I may not turn up! LOL

Peter 147

PS Shame no-one's called "Your Gorgeous"

Won't be an issue, we will be the only people there. The forcast is for 40 degrees followed by a thunder storm.

Don't forget if we are not there we will go to Tribal Zone at North Ryde RSL. I will leave a sign but if there is a storm it may not survive very well.

By the way I want to change my name to "Gorgeous".

Also remember early birds will arrive at 11:00 am. I don't think I will get there by then.

See you all tomorrow.

Robyne

So I guess the call is... bring a chair, a hat, sunscreen and lots of water !!

Actually it shouldn't be anywhere near that hot where we are meeting - the 40 degrees forecast is for out west - forecast for the city is only 33. I'd expect maybe 35 at the park, but not 40 - it's not that far inland and is close to the water.

Thanks Robyne, for organising the day. Great to see everyone and good on the "out of towners", including Simon, Jamie, Muppie, Acey, Jas, Ruby (sorry to those I have forgotten) for making the special effort to get to Sydney. What commitment!

Despite the heat, it was a fun day, chasing the shade, chatting away and having a generally good catch up.

Cheers

Oceangirl

Originally posted by oceangirl
Thanks Robyne, for organising the day. Great to see everyone and good on the "out of towners", including Simon, Jamie, Muppie, Acey, Jas, Ruby (sorry to those I have forgotten) for making the special effort to get to Sydney. What commitment!

Despite the heat, it was a fun day, chasing the shade, chatting away and having a generally good catch up.

Yes, a big thanks Robyne.

Belinda (my better half) and I had a very enjoyable afternoon and it was lovely to meet some more forumites.

MB :)

Last edited:
Mummble, grumble - wish I was there for this event. Bit hard to get there when you are in Prague. I should be there for the next one though. However I did have a few extra beers over here to show my support.

I hope Phil behaved himself and managed to stay upright this time:D Unlikey I know.

Hope you all had a great time.

Cheers - Gordon

Hey guys,

Great day! Thanks for organising it Robyne.

The availability of the wading pool was a great plus for those of us with kids.

Though we never did get Ross to climb the climbing structure :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back