Taking Mechanic to Court

Thats correct, he said the cover was now cracked, instead of checking the gasket. He still charged me for a genuine part, so just cements the fact he is dodgy. I don't mind non genuine parts, if they do the job no problem.

Your right he should have copped it on the chin and investigated why it was still leaking, not make up a story and try to rip me off.

I called his bluff and have him cornered, I will post the outcome after the process is complete.

You would probably get a court judgment listed on your credit report. This could effect you for the next 5 years.

Sorry to de rail a bit here,but if you get judgement in the magistrates court,is there a code or something in the judgement which triggers a mark on your credit file?

Sorry to de rail a bit here,but if you get judgement in the magistrates court,is there a code or something in the judgement which triggers a mark on your credit file?

I am not sure if all, but court judgments do appear on credit files, I have just seen a client with a $16k judgment on his file too.

Ok so I applied for a court date a couple of months ago and got one for the 1st of July.

Dodgy mechanic rings me the other day and offerd me $500 bucks to settle out of court. I told him to jump he needs to refund the whole lot, so see how he plays it.

He actually emailed me the offer after calling me, so I have this as an indication of guilt is the way my mind is working.

Chomp

All judgments will affect your credit rating, I presume that Veda et al check the court listings daily and add them to your file. It can affect your credit rating for up to 15 years, which is much longer than the usual 5 years you get for a standard default, eg unpaid or overdue phone bill.

Back