Tenant demolishes flat with sledgehammer.

A little over a year ago, one of our tenants decided to transform our 3 bedroom mobile home into a 2 bedroom. He took out supporting walls, which made the roof sag...and lots more damage.

At tribunal we lost our $5k claim, because the Director stated it was too much. That would be the cost of a replacement mobile. WTF!!!

Anyways, we appealed..and won all costs.

What an idiot.

I wrote a thread a little while back about a tenant (not mine) who had smashed through the concrete floor in his apartment and started to rip out the kitchen to downstairs for more "space"

OMG Joan...way to give me a heart attack ..All I read was your name , then tenant and sledge hammer. :eek: I just thought NNNOOOOOOOO

thank goodness not your lovely well behaved tenants :cool: then of course I realised it said a flat :).

Stoopid idiot though.

OMG Joan...way to give me a heart attack ..All I read was your name , then tenant and sledge hammer. :eek: I just thought NNNOOOOOOOO

thank goodness not your lovely well behaved tenants :cool: then of course I realised it said a flat :).

Stoopid idiot though.

LOL, like I wouldn't have already been bitching on email if it was my tenant!!! Or burning the phone lines between us all.

Sounds like a you tube prank to get some fame.

Anyone speak French? What's he saying?

He is adressing his landlord and asking if its 2,000eur bond (that the landlord kept) will cover the damages. He is also saying that since landlord likes Bethoven, he has used it in his video... Seems pretty stupid as an action as he will be pursue for more than that now!

"Bare the loss" in the headline. Bare = without cover. Bear = put up with, which is the correct spelling.

A mistake which is much more common in discussion forums than in major media outlets.

Maybe their insurance is similar to ours.
Any malicious damage by a tenant is NOT covered.

A little over a year ago, one of our tenants decided to transform our 3 bedroom mobile home into a 2 bedroom. He took out supporting walls, which made the roof sag...and lots more damage.

At tribunal we lost our $5k claim, because the Director stated it was too much. That would be the cost of a replacement mobile. WTF!!!

Anyways, we appealed..and won all costs.

But did you get your money, its one thing winning another trying to get the money??

But did you get your money, its one thing winning another trying to get the money??

Not yet.
We have taken all the info to the Sheriff.
It can be a slow process.

Since mid June, the Sheriff has paid us $6500 from other deadbeat tenants.
We usually get 1-2 cheques a month.

ninemsn Geoff, not exactly the epitome of journalism!
Nobody is immune to mistakes
Burgleries.JPG

Austrailan.PNG

Back