Tenant issues

Am I able to go directly to the owner of a unit (strata nsw) to make a complaint about a problem tenant? Just want to be sure I am not over stepping the mark with regards to privacy.

I have contacted the PM and they won't do anything because the issues happen on Common Property. Just about to go to the Strata manager but also just want the owner to be aware of the issues...

Tx

I think you will find if you approach the strata manager they will inform the owner of the offending unit. YOu could also have it added to the agenda for the next strata meeting so that it is recorded in the minutes.

I think you will find if you approach the strata manager they will inform the owner of the offending unit. YOu could also have it added to the agenda for the next strata meeting so that it is recorded in the minutes.

Do regular strata meetings actually HAPPEN :D ?

Surely the perosn does not necessarily want to wait till end of strata year to to get this discussed at the AGM

Do regular strata meetings actually HAPPEN :D ?

Surely the perosn does not necessarily want to wait till end of strata year to to get this discussed at the AGM
Strata AGMs are annual however many committees choose to meet monthly or quarterly depending on the need of residents.

Strata AGMs are annual however many committees choose to meet monthly or quarterly depending on the need of residents.

Yes I know that.. I was asking if any stratas actually have any more meetings or if that is just a fallacy as in my experiences...

Yes I know that.. I was asking if any stratas actually have any more meetings or if that is just a fallacy as in my experiences...
No fallacy, Strata meetings are held annually, however SOME (not all) committees will hold regular meetings either monthly or quarterly depending on resident issues raised, or the need for monitoring of dwellings.

Our meeting is in December, this is a rather urgent issue as the tenant is often drunk and wonders around Common Property in a really bad state. He's also threatened physical violence to not only myself, but others in the block.

PM won't do anything...

So I can guarentee that if I ask our SM to make a formal complaint to the PM (and the owner) that a notation will be marked in their file that could be used as grounds to remove the tenant?

Our meeting is in December, this is a rather urgent issue as the tenant is often drunk and wonders around Common Property in a really bad state. He's also threatened physical violence to not only myself, but others in the block.

PM won't do anything...

So I can guarentee that if I ask our SM to make a formal complaint to the PM (and the owner) that a notation will be marked in their file that could be used as grounds to remove the tenant?
Ever thought of calling the police?? That kind of behaviour is a public offence!!

There should be an executive committee in your strata. With issues such as this, they are alerted straight away and should take action. I was in my executive committee for a little while and was emailed almost daily with issues going on in the complex and the strata manager required a response to them within a week at most - for urgent things, within a few hours.

I nearly did on Saturday evening - he was calling me a btch and a rat from his balcony... total freak.

This is the response from the PM: Thanks for your email, obviously it the tenants behaviour is a concern.

We recommend that you forward your email to the strata managers who are able to take appropiate action especially as most of the items raised in your correspondence seem to take place on common property which we have no juristiction over, in most cases the strata will write to us and the tenant and then we are able to follow up on
that complaint as well as there being a notation on the file.

From our end we obviously act on your email and will speak to the tenants but don't disclose who the complaintant is.

Just been emailing another OO, thinking it might be a good idea to call and Extra Ordinary meeting, get the owner there so she can hear straight from the horses mouth...

(I am on the Executive Committee, there are three of us and one other has also had trouble)

Not a happy place..

Back